Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Sarasota Going With New Race Organization/Series In 2015 >

Sarasota Going With New Race Organization/Series In 2015

Notices

Sarasota Going With New Race Organization/Series In 2015

Old 10-12-2014, 04:54 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

He'll be back lol....! You know its not safe to go in the water yet.
Old 10-12-2014, 05:07 PM
T2x
Allergic to Nonsense
Platinum Member

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

They definitely have some viable race sites..
IF...They are inclusive and bring a real professional series, with decent prize money and a logical competition model, they might do well. If, in addition, they work cooperatively woth other organizations towards a single series and set of rules they might be the answer.. Face it guys, the current organizations are in a stalemate, with opposing members actually finger pointing at each other ( How sad and ridiculous is it when 2 race models pit boat racers against other boat racers in an era where unity is vital ?). Maybe an end run by a third group will eventually lead to a single autonomous group. Certainly, the APBA/UIM, affiliation is needed for overall legitimacy.

In the end, I wish them and the racers a safe, successful race series that rewards the efforts required by every competitor in , what has been, a thankless effort for too many decades.

T2x
Old 10-12-2014, 05:36 PM
Registered

Re run of OSS we heard the exact same thing....
Old 10-12-2014, 06:53 PM
Registered

Biting. One's. Tongue. Hurts...like a lot.
Old 10-12-2014, 09:50 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by T2x
They definitely have some viable race sites..
IF...They are inclusive and bring a real professional series, with decent prize money and a logical competition model, they might do well. If, in addition, they work cooperatively woth other organizations towards a single series and set of rules they might be the answer.. Face it guys, the current organizations are in a stalemate, with opposing members actually finger pointing at each other ( How sad and ridiculous is it when 2 race models pit boat racers against other boat racers in an era where unity is vital ?). Maybe an end run by a third group will eventually lead to a single autonomous group. Certainly, the APBA/UIM, affiliation is needed for overall legitimacy.

In the end, I wish them and the racers a safe, successful race series that rewards the efforts required by every competitor in , what has been, a thankless effort for too many decades.

T2x
APBA affiliation is needed for overall legitimacy? Aren't they the same organization who made up a class for Doc's boat? They signed on with OPA but never consulted them with the world record breaking run. Therefor having to make up a class for a boat?
Old 10-13-2014, 04:27 PM
T2x
Allergic to Nonsense
Platinum Member

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by extras
APBA affiliation is needed for overall legitimacy? Aren't they the same organization who made up a class for Doc's boat? They signed on with OPA but never consulted them with the world record breaking run. Therefor having to make up a class for a boat?
Point taken and I was among the first to take tthem to task on that......, But they also bring 100 years of tradition and recognition by the UIM. who in truth are the recognized keepers of true World speed marks. and championships...

Problem is that today's racers are looking back through a very short history book based on their own organization's (relatively) recent term in the overall picture. They are also angry and frustrated in that, too many times, promises of great rewards and changes have fizzled out for years (decades). Now the average racer and fan attacks every new idea based on the sins of others, and this is a toxic formula that encourages the status quo and the strength of the powers that be, while stifling creativity and potential pathways out of the current deadlock between SBI and OPA....

Again, I wish nothing but the best for the racers, and organizations, and anyone else who is willing to tackle the thankless task around straightening out and promoting Offshore Racing, but must point out that if you don't embrace improvement than you will be stuck where you are.

Last edited by T2x; 10-13-2014 at 04:33 PM.
Old 10-13-2014, 06:05 PM
Registered

It started already change in the gaurd already, round one.
Old 10-13-2014, 06:31 PM
Registered

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

The interesting part with all these comments, and the racing world that there is NO CLEAR reasons or objectivity of the racing. IE. media coverage? sponsorship? price money? spectator count? marketing boats / engine set ups? just for fun and bragging right? ( I like the last reason. ) So the current race circuit is set up to put $ in the organizers pocket. While the races draw a great crowd, if you ever sit with them they have no clue who's winning, no clue about the classes, rules etc. On the beach NO ONE knows there is a GPS monitored speed limit. Or why cats run with V's, if the race want to promote more coverage, keep it simple stupid will work. I understand the theme of making this competitive, but for who? the spectators? so they see close finishes? even though they have no clue how and why? The last race in Clearwater was so F'up up, many went home (including me from the water) not even knowing there the race was split into 3 starts in lieu of two as advertised. The current management is a self indulging entity, just like DC. When it all comes down to it, they don't care chit about the racers, or crowd but their own pocket. A little revolution or change is always a good thing now and then. All the best to the races and be safe.

Last edited by PARADOX; 10-13-2014 at 06:35 PM.
Old 10-13-2014, 07:53 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by PARADOX
The interesting part with all these comments, and the racing world that there is NO CLEAR reasons or objectivity of the racing. IE. media coverage? sponsorship? price money? spectator count? marketing boats / engine set ups? just for fun and bragging right? ( I like the last reason. ) So the current race circuit is set up to put $ in the organizers pocket. While the races draw a great crowd, if you ever sit with them they have no clue who's winning, no clue about the classes, rules etc. On the beach NO ONE knows there is a GPS monitored speed limit. Or why cats run with V's, if the race want to promote more coverage, keep it simple stupid will work. I understand the theme of making this competitive, but for who? the spectators? so they see close finishes? even though they have no clue how and why? The last race in Clearwater was so F'up up, many went home (including me from the water) not even knowing there the race was split into 3 starts in lieu of two as advertised. The current management is a self indulging entity, just like DC. When it all comes down to it, they don't care chit about the racers, or crowd but their own pocket. A little revolution or change is always a good thing now and then. All the best to the races and be safe.
If you would of listened (as advertised) to the radio while you watched the race all the things u mentioned you would of known. The reason for the 3rd race was for the fans to make it less confusing and run the Superboat class seperate. The live stream and the live radio broard cast explained it all. If SBI just was worried about their own pockets they would of run 2 races and ground the hoppers and saved a bunch of money.
Old 10-13-2014, 07:54 PM
Registered

Hide and seek like I have said previously.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.