If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter
    Uncle Toys

Little help with Lake Conroy in Texas

My buddy at works Dad recently bought a place on Lake Conroy in Texas. Now he has bought a boat (28' V hull). He got an ear full after my first poker run, now he's trying to get info on poker runs at Lake Conroy. Anyone have any information? Thanks!

My Boats:
    1997/2010 Spectre Catamaran w/ twin 250XS Sports
    Monroe, LA
    I think you mean Lake Conroe, near Houston. I believe they have some. Maybe the Texas boaters will check in.

Gold Member Gold Member Turbojack's Avatar
    My Boats:
    2003 Eliminator 30' Daytona
    Houston, TX, USA
    If it is Lake Conroe I do not know if his 28' boat is going to be big enough. Lake is just about all bulk headed up & water gets rough on a weekend. TOPS has a Lake Conroe branch if I am not

Uncle-any new info on boat? At races last weekend I saw an eliminator that has side vents. Eddie marine sells them. I will email you a picture later if I get time. Call me if you have time
    Last edited by Turbojack; 08-29-2002 at 11:20 AM.

My Boats:
    You can't boat on an ICE FLOW
    Minneapolis, Minnesota
    If you mean Lake Conroe (just north of Houston) he needs to join TOPS. They have poker runs all over Texas. I am sure most of the marinas can give you info. Inland Marine would the first place I would stop. You could also go to Papas (local watering hole on the lake) on any weekend and ask around. There are a lot of TOPS memebers that live on Conroe.

If it is lake Conroy, I've never heard of it.

I am not a Texas boater anymore, but lived on the North side of Houston and boated on Conroe.

My Boats:
    1996 Fountain 29 Fever
    Houston, TX
    TOPPS would be the place to start, if it is Lake Conroe. Conroe TOPPS just hosted a poker run the last weekend in July.

Hey KaamaScarab30,

I put my 21 footer on lake conroe on weekends all the time. It does get kinda rough when you start chasing the 40+ foot cabin cruisers, but it's nothing a 28' boat couldn't handle.

I'm certain the 28 would be just fine. We're out there with a 29 Outlaw. We usually go to Conroe just about every wknd, excpet for the last 5 wknds. We'll prob be there Sun or Mon.

There is a Conroe Topps as well as Clear Lake. Altho, you have to meet certain req's to join, etc. We have yet to join, maybe next year. But, MarineMax also hosts a Poker Run on Conroe once a year. Other than that, you can have just as much fun without belonging to any group. It's such a small lake.

Look for us, 29 Outlaw SST named NASDBOY.

Hope to see ya'll on the lake!