SBI Inks Marathon for July 4 Weekend 2015 Races >

SBI Inks Marathon for July 4 Weekend 2015 Races

Notices

SBI Inks Marathon for July 4 Weekend 2015 Races

Old 10-16-2014, 06:37 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Nate5.0
If Qatar can't race in the SBI race in KW this year, why would the follow SBI next year?
You won't see them following SBI NEXT YR?
Old 10-16-2014, 06:41 AM
Registered

Received 258 Likes on 149 Posts

Originally Posted by Xtremeracing
You won't see them following SBI NEXT YR?
I don't know......that is why I asking.

If they can not race at KW this year. Why would they follow that group next? I am not being an ass, I am truely asking.
Old 10-16-2014, 06:49 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The July 4th date is coveted in boat racing. I am not surprised that another city was quick to jump on it. Marathon has hosted races before, so they know the economics. With new Hotels to fill and a good regional airport if even 25 teams go to Marathon what do you think they will spend there over the weekend? This is clearly a loss for Sarasota. I live in New Port Richey so Sarasota is a easy low cost event for our team, but we will be in Marathon not Sarasota. Sarasota and the charity really "stepped in it" on this one.
Steve
Old 10-16-2014, 08:21 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Steve we'll see u there we're in .
Old 10-16-2014, 08:33 AM
Racer
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We will release our official schedule in the spring like we always do. Right now we are preparing for a race in Key West and are steering clear of the politics. Next years schedule (when it is released) will be dictated by our sponsors desires and direction.

The Miss GEICO Racing Team is equally owned and comprised of a partnership of 5 individuals. Scott Colton, Gary Stray Scott Begovich ,Marc Granet and Gary Goodell.
Old 10-16-2014, 09:28 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by MissGeicoRacing
We will release our official schedule in the spring like we always do. Right now we are preparing for a race in Key West and are steering clear of the politics. Next years schedule (when it is released) will be dictated by our sponsors desires and direction.

The Miss GEICO Racing Team is equally owned and comprised of a partnership of 5 individuals. Scott Colton, Gary Stray Scott Begovich ,Marc Granet and Gary Goodell.
this an example of how a professional business-centric team responds to the current chaotic situation. others should take notes. focus on the task at hand, remember it is a BUSINESS decision, absent name calling and drama, and remember who is principally responsible for where you race - the sponsors. good job marc