Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Florida Powerboat Club Opinions >

Florida Powerboat Club Opinions

Notices

Florida Powerboat Club Opinions

Old 10-16-2014, 10:52 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

FMO ? Talked to Bob some yrs back but sold the Skater and went boatless. I used to do the fun runs in NY we always had a blast and a few nice machines would show up .

Hope to make Ryans run this new years day.
Old 10-16-2014, 11:04 AM
Registered

Received 258 Likes on 149 Posts

Originally Posted by plumbers crack
FMO ? Talked to Bob some yrs back but sold the Skater and went boatless. I used to do the fun runs in NY we always had a blast and a few nice machines would show up .

Hope to make Ryans run this new years day.

Ya Bob is the head guy but there is an entire board to help run it. He has his Renegade CC and his Nor-tech down here and they do runs all through the FL "winter" with their kick off run just last week.

They are a super great group of people.

Also yes...Ryan is doing the New Years run. He was at the last Sunday we just did. The FB page was just put up.....see if I can get ya the link.
Old 10-16-2014, 11:06 AM
Registered

Here ya go

https://m.facebook.com/events/1466751813606942/?ref=22
Old 10-16-2014, 11:14 AM
Registered

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

I been with FPC for a while in the late 90's. Then back in 2007. Did a bunch of runs and they are all good, but in the past few years FPC sort of blowing off the middle and little guys. Especially when they tacked in the "additional Insurance" requirements. With that move I had enough. Jackie, Stu and I had discussions about the runs and prices (not lately) and they are going in a different direction. Instead of increasing attendance count they increasing the costs. KW, have a great attendance this year, but I would be one of the smallest boat at 33' FPC puts on well organized events, lot of fun, but it's seems they cater to the "bigger boys" and since some of us have smaller pockets, we seem to be more selective of the runs and events, and the way we spend $'s. Don't get me wrong, it's a great cub, but attendance and membership is down, (mostly due to the current economy I guess) At this time, especially since I want to sell my boat, it's not worth it. My other issue is while several times I paid the additional fee to get vids and coverage, I was pretty much left out of it. Just my .02.. Stu need to less of a ham in the vids, (but that's ok, lol... he loves being front of the camera and just talk) and put more boaters and run times of the attendees.
Old 10-16-2014, 11:50 AM
Registered

Received 55 Likes on 34 Posts

FPC is not for me. The only way I'm paying someone to run my boat Is if its for a charity. FMO you pay a very low yearly membership and that's it. They also work hard to give scholarships and I believe awarded $42,000 this past year. It's a bunch of people who really like boats. Not a business. Much better setup as far as I'm concerned.
Old 10-16-2014, 12:27 PM
Drive to arrive alive!!!
Platinum Member

Received 397 Likes on 124 Posts

I've been doing FPC runs for 15 years, and they are always top notch. You get what you pay for with locations and people. Make one phone call and you have hotel, dockage, trailer storage, and whatever else that you are willing to pay for. Nothing is free in this world, and there is an incredible amount of work behind the scenes. Try dealing with as many "A" type personalities on a daily basis as Stu and Jackie do. I know that I couldn't do it.
Old 10-16-2014, 01:13 PM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by I.C.U.Lookin
FPC is not for me. The only way I'm paying someone to run my boat Is if its for a charity. FMO you pay a very low yearly membership and that's it. They also work hard to give scholarships and I believe awarded $42,000 this past year. It's a bunch of people who really like boats. Not a business. Much better setup as far as I'm concerned.
what is FMO?
Old 10-16-2014, 01:22 PM
Registered

Received 121 Likes on 65 Posts

Originally Posted by thedonz
what is FMO?
Fort Meyers offshore

http://www.ftmyersoffshore.com
Old 10-16-2014, 01:22 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by thedonz
what is FMO?
Ft Myers Offshore
Old 10-16-2014, 06:21 PM
Registered

Received 885 Likes on 480 Posts

Lots of good points made......

I have done probably 30 FPC runs over the years, my 32 Sunsation was often one of the smaller/slower boats but I always had a good time regardless of the cost. One thing I have always appreciated with FPC is they took me boating in places I would have not gone by myself. I have lived in S. Florida for over 35 years, not a lot of places I haven't been but FPC showed me lots of new places I may have never seen or found on my own and given me many cool shots of my boat that I would have never had!

Thanks Stu and Jackie!

That being said, FPC is expensive but as others have said it is a business and when you look at the big picture then the price is usually in line with everything else you did that weekend. My last KWPR was $3500 and I trailered down to Miami (about 100 miles each way), boat burned 200 gallons of fuel and nothing broke! For some of these guys it is a 10-20K weekend (when shipping the boat from out of state, staying in expensive hotels, buying plane tickets etc).

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.