Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Little help with Lake Conroy in Texas >

Little help with Lake Conroy in Texas

Notices

Little help with Lake Conroy in Texas

Old 08-29-2002, 09:38 AM
Uncle Toys

Default Little help with Lake Conroy in Texas

My buddy at works Dad recently bought a place on Lake Conroy in Texas. Now he has bought a boat (28' V hull). He got an ear full after my first poker run, now he's trying to get info on poker runs at Lake Conroy. Anyone have any information? Thanks!

Old 08-29-2002, 10:06 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think you mean Lake Conroe, near Houston. I believe they have some. Maybe the Texas boaters will check in.
Old 08-29-2002, 11:18 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If it is Lake Conroe I do not know if his 28' boat is going to be big enough. Lake is just about all bulk headed up & water gets rough on a weekend. TOPS has a Lake Conroe branch if I am not mistaken.www.toppsboatclub.com

Uncle-any new info on boat? At races last weekend I saw an eliminator that has side vents. Eddie marine sells them. I will email you a picture later if I get time. Call me if you have time

Last edited by Turbojack; 08-29-2002 at 11:20 AM.
Old 08-29-2002, 11:19 AM
Registered

If you mean Lake Conroe (just north of Houston) he needs to join TOPS. They have poker runs all over Texas. I am sure most of the marinas can give you info. Inland Marine would the first place I would stop. You could also go to Papas (local watering hole on the lake) on any weekend and ask around. There are a lot of TOPS memebers that live on Conroe.

If it is lake Conroy, I've never heard of it.

I am not a Texas boater anymore, but lived on the North side of Houston and boated on Conroe.
Old 08-29-2002, 12:02 PM
Registered

TOPPS would be the place to start, if it is Lake Conroe. Conroe TOPPS just hosted a poker run the last weekend in July.
Old 08-29-2002, 01:36 PM
dloftis

Hey KaamaScarab30,

I put my 21 footer on lake conroe on weekends all the time. It does get kinda rough when you start chasing the 40+ foot cabin cruisers, but it's nothing a 28' boat couldn't handle.

Old 08-29-2002, 01:58 PM
OutlawBayB

I'm certain the 28 would be just fine. We're out there with a 29 Outlaw. We usually go to Conroe just about every wknd, excpet for the last 5 wknds. We'll prob be there Sun or Mon.

There is a Conroe Topps as well as Clear Lake. Altho, you have to meet certain req's to join, etc. We have yet to join, maybe next year. But, MarineMax also hosts a Poker Run on Conroe once a year. Other than that, you can have just as much fun without belonging to any group. It's such a small lake.

Look for us, 29 Outlaw SST named NASDBOY.

Hope to see ya'll on the lake!