Old 08-29-2002, 04:57 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default EMI Nose Cones

any one ever use these?
http://www.eddiemarine.com/cart/deta...&CategoryID=59

they look cooler than the hydromotive
http://www.eddiemarine.com/cart/deta...&CategoryID=59

but haven't heard any thing about them, are the EMI's better or worse than the hydromotive, any one tried both?
Old 08-29-2002, 07:09 PM
AZDominator

Looks like Eddie is building his own again. We have ordered through Eddie and usually he drop ships a Hydromotive at the door after you've ordered per his part number. Here's my .02: Hydromotive requires ALOT of adhesive to fill the gap. Once it starts setting up your fine but don't plan on leaving the house for 2 to 3 hours before this happens. Step 1)Remove the lowers from the boat to do this job. Step 2) If you don't think you can do this job, remove lowers and send them to someone who does. Step 3) See Step 1 & 2. Footnote: DO NOT attempt to install the nose cone while lower is installed on drive. Suggestion: If you own a "cat"and your running 80 MPH and you want to risk losing 1-2 MPH or gaining 1-2 MPH go ahead and install them (PS the boat may not handle right either). If you own a "V" and your running 80 forget it your wasting your time and risking bad handling. If you want to do it because it "looks cool" go ahead because they do look pretty cool.

Old 09-03-2002, 11:56 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default AZDominator

thank you for your reply.
i am looking at adding nose cones because i am planning on a major engine upgrade this winter. i have a 1998 32’ sunsation, if things go as planned i hope to be running in the mid. to high 90’s. i’ve heard that the stock bravo castings tend to promote prop blow-out at high speeds, which (obviously) would be extremely dangerous. my goal would be to reduce this risk. i’m not really looking for the extra 1-2 mph as much as safety, reliability and drivability. in turn i also do not care so much how it looks, but rather that it will work well. i would think that getting perfect cone to drive alignment would be crucial and tough.
sounds like you have done this project more than once and i appreciate your insight. is there an alignment tool that can be used? or does one just eyeball it? if i decide not to do them my self who would you recommend i send them to?
Old 09-03-2002, 04:17 PM
russ7r

Does anyone know if Eddy makes one for the Alpha? I didnt see one one his page, his look better than the Hydro....

Thanks