BUDWEISER bends over CALLAN MARINE, Buys cover of Powerboat >

BUDWEISER bends over CALLAN MARINE, Buys cover of Powerboat

Notices

BUDWEISER bends over CALLAN MARINE, Buys cover of Powerboat

Old 08-27-2002, 10:42 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default BUDWEISER bends over CALLAN MARINE, Buys cover of Powerboat

What a rip off!! Congratulations to Dave Callan for Beating Dave Scott For this years real "TOP GUN" at the LOTO Shootout.

Boy it must be nice to buy the cover of a magazine. That's exactly what Auggie Busch the III (or Whatever) did. The "Top Gun" gets the December cover of Power Boat magazine. I hope they don't piss off some of the big teams and ruin this event for the future.

Power Boat should give the cover to Callan Marine...imho.

Here's a story about it.

Bud screws competition

Last edited by tanned fat looks better; 08-27-2002 at 12:38 PM.
Old 08-27-2002, 10:51 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I agree Completely. I've been following the Callen saga since April when I first laid eyes on the boat and thought for sure they would take it...I still feel they honestly should have the title.
Old 08-27-2002, 10:53 AM
packinair

that link won't work

Old 08-27-2002, 10:55 AM
BK
Registered

http://www.lakesunleader.com/display...ts/sports1.txt

Try this one
Old 08-27-2002, 11:05 AM
Registered

I fixed it.
Old 08-27-2002, 11:12 AM
Uncle Toys

I don’t get it, is this the unlimited hydro Miss Budweiser?

Don’t they have a separate class? Or, is “Top Gun” just “the” fastest in any class?

If the title goes to just the fastest, then next year there will be a rock-propelled boat!

Never the less, if Bud played by the rules, then tip your hat to their cleverness.

Old 08-27-2002, 11:55 AM
Mrs 283Check

It was a fun weekend! But I would have to agree that it didn't seem very fair for Miss Bud to go and capture Top Gun when there were really no other boats of her type for competition - no other hydro boats. At least the Callen team and David Scott had a chance of beating the other. Also, they were allowing Bud to make their exhibition runs and then go back and do their competitive runs which seemed like they were getting an unfair advantage over the rest of the racers.

Old 08-27-2002, 11:55 AM
Category6

From the phtos I saw, it looked like everyone was enjoying themselves. It would be a shame if the Shootout was no more.
I agree...BUT, what type of boat is the Callen, don't they manufacture Vee Hull's?

Old 08-27-2002, 11:56 AM
Registered

Thumbs down

It's not that Miss Bud didn't technically play by the rules, it's just that it looked like a cheap shot. Miss Bud usually shows up, but only for exhibition. If they had been upfront about running Miss Bud as an entry from the beginning that would have been different. They only decided to run Miss Bud when the Baccardi Silver boat (the local favorite also sponsered by Bud) got beat by Callan Marine.

Would Callan have hauled the two boats, crew, and staff up here knowing that Miss Bud was going to run for real? Maybe, but who knows. Will Callan come to it next year? Well I hope so but who could blame them if they don't bother to show up.

I just think a stunt like this is detrimental to the shootout drawing big out of state entries in the future.

Next thing you know, #8 will be running on the go-cart track cause Auggie's grandson got beat.
Old 08-27-2002, 12:16 PM
Mrs 283Check

Originally posted by Mach1Shorty

Next thing you know, #8 will be running on the go-cart track cause Auggie's grandson got beat.

Quick Reply: BUDWEISER bends over CALLAN MARINE, Buys cover of Powerboat

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.