Notices

Rumors about Miami.....

Old 11-18-2014, 12:21 AM
Rik
arneson-industries.com
Offshoreonly Advertiser

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by windship
I read they will be holding the boat show at the refurbed Miami Marine Stadium. Has anyone heard that?
Just got confirmation of this today... Should be interesting
Old 11-18-2014, 09:08 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I believe that will be for 2016, 2017 and forward. Not for 2015. It can not be as the place is still in bad shape and they haven't started working on it.
Old 11-18-2014, 09:09 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Traffic will be much much worse if they put the show at Marine Stadium..
On Miami Beach you have three different ways to get to the show,,two highways,both six lane, and one two lane toll road (195+395 and Julia Tuttle) not to mention many people stay in hotels nearby the main site ir the in water areas negating the need to drive to the show.
You can also take Metrorail/Metromover right to the in water Marina site and the shuttles from there to main show again negating the need to deal with parking and driving.This is what I usually do every year when I go down. This way you dont have to deal with the beach traffic at all..
At Marine Stadium you have one 4lane toll road that typically backs up
on any normal summer weekend .. There are no hotels within walking distance..
Metrorail is also not within walking distance for most people (3miles each way)
This means everyone will have to go by car..
Nightmare...
There is only enough parking for a couple hundred cars,,
there is no other parking nearby,,they would have to build a big parking structure,,Unless things have changed a LOT since i moved out of Miami ten years ago there is not a chance in hell they will allow a big parking building to be plopped in the middle of Virginia Key..
Basically majority will have to be bused to and from the show from some offsite parking site..
Its also much farther by road and water to the other in water
sites they currently have. While I am all for rebuilding the Stadium (When I was a kid my dad used to have a slip in marina next door and we used to go see the races for free) moving the Boat Show there is not a good idea...

Last edited by HTRDLNCN; 11-18-2014 at 09:25 AM.