Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Lake Cumberland OSOers Who's In? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/31972-lake-cumberland-osoers-whos.html)

290PQ 08-30-2002 08:16 AM

We'll be there. Leaving thurs morning we will probably be hanging out at the falls friday.
I agree this has got to be one of the best Poker Runs ever, last year there was over 200 boats! Great place, great people.
I has been lookong forward to this all summer!:cool:

Flyinbrian 08-30-2002 08:35 AM

Originally posted by sign4boat
sounds good i'll come up to wolf ck. i'm on my 4th year with the blower motor so i think i'll watch this year. i'm coming down thur.

I am in the same situation, but worse....

Twin 15 year old outboard motors that have never been tore apart. I want to run in the poker run too, but I might wait till next year too.

If I don't run in it, I'll meet you guys at the mouth of Wolf Creek on Saturday.

What time do you guys plan on meeting at Wolf Creek?

Flyinbrian 08-30-2002 08:44 AM

Here's the schedule

Saturday morning, September 7th, 2001 Jamestown Marina
Mandatory drivers meeting at 9:00 am. This entire event will be on video including the poker run from the air. . . .It's Poker Run Time!

The Deal
Saturday morning, September 7th, Jamestown Marina
Watch drivers make final adjustments in the pits. At 10:00 a.m. the boats make their thunderous start for the first card.

Card #1
Drivers will pick up their first card at Conley Bottom Resort

Card #2
On to Burnside Marina for Card #2, fuel, and lunch.

Card #3
Restart after lunch, its on to Alligator Marina for the third card.

Card #4
From Alligator Marina to Grider Hill Marina.

Card #5
Return to Jamestown for the final card and the opening of the hand.

SLOWRIDE-388 08-30-2002 09:19 AM

we had thought about going at the last minute, is there any rooms left for fri and sat, preferably somewhere close to the Jamestown marina?

call Jim at 217-482-5738 if any info you have

thebbd 08-30-2002 10:47 AM

we'll be there. the best party on the lake.

wild willy 08-30-2002 11:21 AM

motel rooms

hey guys; if any one needs rooms for the poker run call 1-800-942-2547. this is the springs motel in russel spring just 5 miles from jamestown. i have stayed here for the last 15 years. good people and cheap rates. bill

birdog 08-30-2002 12:47 PM

Coming down Fri AM....Not going to run, I lost my "crew"!
Looks like just me & "Birdog".....Ill head for the Falls Fri when i
get in. I guess Im staying on the boat for the weekend.

Flyinbrian 08-30-2002 01:07 PM

birdog

Are you staying at Grider Hill?
It looks like us non-runners will be rafting off at the mouth of Wolf Creek to spectate. Join us!

I think I'll watch until they head back towards Grider Hill, from there I would like to run with the pack and then follow them back.

SLOWRIDE-388 08-30-2002 01:50 PM

thanks willy for the info, just called and reserved two rooms. hows the accomidations, ie ac, tv, etc. how many boats are registered as of today, can we still get a slip for the boat at the marina(jamestown).

thanks

Jim

birdog 08-30-2002 01:55 PM

I dont think theres a chance of getting a lip at J-town !!!!
Im going to try and get one at Grider....are you staying there
Brian ?
I may have to put in at Conley.....I cant launch alone at J-town