Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Something positive for a change. >

Something positive for a change.

Notices

Something positive for a change.

Old 11-04-2014, 09:52 AM
Registered

Received 258 Likes on 149 Posts

I have not met many at all from this site but those I have have been wonderful and I get a lot of great advise, tips, and knowledge out of most here. Also I have been able to go to events I never knew about but now wonder how I lived without (I.e LOTO shootout).

I came here a few years ago with only general knowledge and have to say most all I know now (which still isn't much lol) is contributed to this site for the most part.
Old 11-04-2014, 11:33 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This is more a statement in general but Ill bet a lot of you guys can relate. Back in 2008 I found internet boating sites. From then until today I have met a bunch of great people and have made great friends. Wayyy to many to list. As a matter of fact Heading to KW tomorrow to vacation with some of them. I must say its not just OSO, the list includes other boating sites too but whatever. Point is sites like OSO make the boating world a lot smaller and allow us to bond, share, learn and make friendships. Very cool and good thread

Except Wrinkleface............stay away from that guy
Old 11-04-2014, 11:54 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Yes a lot of great info here. Whenever I have a question I get some answers, just maybe not what I'd like to hear! And positivity is needed from time to time. Thanks all you great folks for giving your best and helping weed out the bad guys. I need to get back to work instead of looking at all these avatars!!
Old 11-04-2014, 12:31 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 204 Likes on 132 Posts

Great post, I have made some good buds here, and a few enemies... but seems to work out later and become pals... I try to contribute good and sometimes bad.... but real life experiences, I am always open to good advice and having some fun..

as of recent Mild Thunder and I been talking engine builds and he has been offering me some real good advice and ideas, along with a few others advice here and at home I hope things go ok....and look forward to 2015!

And made buddys with Phragle and he brought that chick to the pool party, and she was real interesting... the rest is history haha
Old 11-04-2014, 12:59 PM
Registered

I would like to thank Alex Haxby, Eddie Young, MER Performance, SB, Mr Gadgets, Mild Thunder, Mike Tkach, Dustin Whipple, Raylar, Arctic Friends,Real Fast Marine,Glass Dave, and others I am sure I am forgetting for sharing some there knowledge on these boards. The things i have learned from them are priceless. Thank you!

Last edited by hadleycat; 11-04-2014 at 01:06 PM.
Old 11-04-2014, 01:41 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

This is a great thread, I can imagine the thousands of boaters that have been helped from this site. From little questions like which way does this sea pump cover go on to helping them with the purchase of a million dollar boat. The support is invaluable and unlike any motor-sports group that I have been involved with.

Now can I get some advice on this thread? LMAO!!

http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/d...ts-please.html

Thanks
Old 11-04-2014, 04:45 PM
Registered

Received 2,970 Likes on 981 Posts

To be quite frank, even the people you perceive as an azz hole on here are 99.9% of the time nice people when you sit down at a bar at some awesome location and share a few drinks and stories. At least that's been my experience from being a member here for roughly 15 years.
Old 11-04-2014, 04:52 PM
Registered

Received 690 Likes on 276 Posts

Originally Posted by thisistank
To be quite frank, even the people you perceive as an azz hole on here are 99.9% of the time nice people when you sit down at a bar at some awesome location and share a few drinks and stories. At least that's been my experience from being a member here for roughly 15 years.
But your not Frank, your Tank...
Old 11-04-2014, 04:53 PM
Registered

Received 690 Likes on 276 Posts

Originally Posted by stimleck
This is a great thread, I can imagine the thousands of boaters that have been helped from this site. From little questions like which way does this sea pump cover go on to helping them with the purchase of a million dollar boat. The support is invaluable and unlike any motor-sports group that I have been involved with.

Now can I get some advice on this thread? LMAO!!

http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/d...ts-please.html

Thanks

I say son, son , you cant afford my suggestions.....
Old 11-04-2014, 08:59 PM
Registered

This seems to be the only real offshore website I feel I can relate too. (I just don't have the pockets for Powerboat nation) Great people, stimulating advice. From both the knowledgeable passionate recreational offshore boater looking for 2 more MPH to factory support like Pat from Active Thunder. It's the only forum that I could use for free and pay for.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.