Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Something positive for a change. >

Something positive for a change.

Notices

Something positive for a change.

Old 11-03-2014, 05:46 PM
Registered

Received 71 Likes on 39 Posts
Thumbs up Something positive for a change.

Lately, oso has been filled with insults, bashing, angry temper tantrums, deleted threads, and all kinds of nonsense stuff.

I would like to step back for a second, take a deep breath, and say THANK YOU, to some of the guys who provide POSITIVE input on the forums. Whether it be Technical related, or even just good old conversation and fun. Lets try to keep OSO, one notch above some of the other boating sites with good tech info, good reading, good events, hot woman, fast boats, and everything pertaining to fun on the water. We can make threads that go 200 pages worth of ball busting, insults, and bashing, lets see if we can get one to go 200 pages filled with good comments.

If you feel another member on oso, brings something positive to this community, whatever area it may pertain to, feel free to mention them here. Lets try patting someone on the back, instead of stabbing in the back for a change.
Old 11-03-2014, 06:15 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I haven't been on this place long but mainly the reason I have kept off internet forums is drama. There is a lot of great information on here and I have already met a member who recently purchased the same boat, just a couple years newer. He is going to haul out to Michigan and we are going to show him what Jobbie Nooner is. I look forward to meeting some new people, making some new friends and doing the one thing that brings us all together. BOATING, in real life. Not internet keyboard racing and dick measuring. haha

Nice choice of thread to start Mild Thunder. I feel this is one to chime in on!
Old 11-03-2014, 06:18 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I agree, if it wasn't a great thing than why keep coming back. You could just walk away from oso at any time. That being said, if anyone wants to step up and make this a really happy place ( for me that is) please send me 2) never used 500hps please. I can pm you my address . Thank you.
Old 11-03-2014, 06:23 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What a novel idea, there's been tons great info from lots of guys, here's a few, all the FMO guys and I.C.U.Looking has helped me with stuff down here in our little area, here's just one example, we bought a new car and needed some help with car window tinting, he hooked me up, even though there's a occasionally bad experience, it's mostly great boaters trying to help other good guys, thanks for the positive thread, that's my input.
Old 11-03-2014, 06:26 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Good thread idea.

With that said, Im gonna go out on a limb and give an internet hand shake to a member named Mild Thunder.

He seems like a real good, straight up guy with nice info on important stuff, like blowers/carbed blower motor tuning.

You should head over to the General Q&A section and check out his Blower sizing thread.

Also keeps an awesome avatar.
Old 11-03-2014, 06:34 PM
Registered

Received 698 Likes on 341 Posts

MILD THUNDER FOR PRESIDENT!!!! go joe!! Lol
Old 11-03-2014, 06:40 PM
Registered

Received 200 Likes on 54 Posts

What a stupid idea. This thread sucks sorry I couldn't resist.

I must say I have learned more on OSO than I could've ever imagined about boating. Very knowledgeable people on here. Among those is definitely joe "mild thunder". Thanks for answering a lot of my rookie questions!

Also, recently I was in naples where Bob "bobthebuilder" made me feel like I was at home for an awesome day of boating with the FMO members. What a great group of people, friendly and fun! Class act! I mean, where else are you gonna go on vacation and get invited to an amazing full day of boating with people you never met? I'm still in shock lol. Oso has been nothing but good to me even though I like to bust balls here n there, it's all in fun!
Thanks guys!
Old 11-03-2014, 07:01 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Nice thread Joe, and cheers for many guys on here with truly good advice.
Old 11-03-2014, 07:03 PM
Registered

Received 71 Likes on 39 Posts

I too have made some great friends through offshoreonly over the years.

I'd like to mention Eddie Young. Eddie has taken the time to offer advice on the forums, as well as on the telephone with myself, and alot of other guys. I learned alot from Eddie, even though I wasnt spending money with him.

Same goes for RMBuilder. Bob came thru for Icdedppl last year when him and I were going thru his engines. He worked with icdedppls' cylinder head guy, selecting a good spring package, and was a great help over the phone. Never once did he try to push his parts down our throats, trying to make a sale. Worked with him on another recent build, and the end result was nothing less than great.

Guys like him and Eddie, have a strong passion for what they do, and it clearly shows. I thank them for helping out the little guys like myself.
Old 11-03-2014, 07:15 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Between Mild Thunder and 12 Meter Joe's avatars, I'm finding it pretty hard to even string a sentence together, but here goes. I've been on this site since last summer. I've learned a TON of stuff from a lot of the guys on here and find it a great place to sanity check ideas and solve problems. I've made a bunch of friends here, some I've never even met in person... sure, the drama creeps in.. but on balance, there is a great community here...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.