Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
New marine product - Your opinion please! >

New marine product - Your opinion please!

Notices

New marine product - Your opinion please!

Old 08-30-2002, 05:45 PM
DEVIL MAN

Guys...I am now in the process of having an electronic warning system installed on my Top Gun.....it is called a HEADSUP warning system and it is called HEADSUP!!!! It has a panel display of warning lights that is installed on your dash....these suckers are bright and you will not be able to ignore the warning signal if one of the lights go off. They are extremely bright..even in sunlight.

It can monitor any gauge on your dash and simply plugs in to your gauges....oil pressure, oil temp, water temp, volts, fuel pressure....any electronic gauge. There is one warning light for each gauge...it can also be piped in with your sound system and or your intercom system....if the oil pressure gets low on your port side...the voice on your stereo or intercom will speak out, "Warning, port engine oil pressure low!" They are also able to program the verbal warning in your own voice or better yet, your wife's voice...as in, "Hey, you idiot, your oil pressure in your port engine is low...you knucklehead!!!!"

The other great feature is that with the HEADSUP system, you can individually program each warning system seperately....you pick out at what point you wish to be alerted.....say lower than 40 psi on your oil pressure or anything higher than 270 degrees on your oil temp....at whatever level you wish to be warned, the system will remember the setting and set off the alarn at your desired level!!!!!!

They have units for single engine, twin engine...three, four, five or six functions per engine....one piece, whatever. I will keep you guys posted and post pictures when complete....I really believe it is a worthwhile investment.

DMan...and the D is for early DETECTION of a problem!!!

Old 08-30-2002, 07:31 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

What does the guage show? Green is OK and Red is danger or is it a sweep dial? I would want it to match my gaffrig guages.