Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Lake Cumberland Poker Run-Who's Going? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/31985-lake-cumberland-poker-run-whos-going.html)

Reindl Powerboats 09-03-2002 09:00 AM

We will be there with an extra boat available for lease if anyone is interested. Come visit our houseboat right there at the dock.

Chris Reindl
513.706-3199

LPBoater 09-03-2002 09:06 PM

what are you guys smoking? - about the lake level? It's right where it should be for this time of the year - based on about 18+ years of going there. It's right right at the same level as last year's poker run. There is only one under water island which will be coming out soon - it's at the mouth of beaver creek - it's small and marked with a buoy. And to hit it, you have to try and cut close to the other small island - really nothing to worry about on the lake..

CigBoat 09-04-2002 05:59 AM

LP You just read my mind! Im sitting here thinking I have been on the lake since I could walk, fished it real heavy for years and there are only a couple islands that pop up this time of year the one that you mentioned and the one way in the back of lilly creek?? Are there any others that I dont know about??

wild willy 09-04-2002 06:34 AM

lp; no body said that the lake was lower than normal this time of the year!!!! i just quoated the corps of engeneers lake levels which show the lake to be over 30 ft lower that the spring levels!! i also said their was a bouy marking the island which is just under the water on the main lake!! iam trying to inform the people who will be at the poker run to be carful of underwater objects!! please read the post as which it was intended !!! bill

Doug 09-04-2002 09:28 AM

Thanks LP, that made me feel alot better. Betty and I will be there early friday morning and can't wait to get in the water. We are still trying to recouperate from LOTO shootout. Looks like the weather is going to be perfect. See everybody then. Doug

Sonny Spectre 30 09-04-2002 06:28 PM

Never been on the lake. Is there REALLY something that I should know to stay away from. Would hate to hit a submerged at 100MPH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LPBoater 09-04-2002 10:21 PM

Nothing to worry about - which is why I posted earlier. Whenever I go to a poker run and people start talking about hitting submerged stuff, I bail out - not worth it. Cumberland is about as worry free as it comes. literally, the side of the boat will scrap the shore before the drives touch the bottom. I'll have Roger or someone tell everyone exactly where the one spot is on the main lake. Hope it turns out as good as past years. Look us up at slip 509 after the poker run party - we'll still be going strong until the marina shuts us down!!

LP

BOB ONEIL 09-05-2002 10:18 AM

I love this Poker Run! Been going since the first one and every year since. It keeps getting bigger and better!

Look foward to seeing everyone again and meeting some new OSO members.

We will be in my friends 31 American Offshore (White-Teal) stop and say hi.

I'm not that worried about the water level (this is a deep lake) and I'm sure Rodger and Billie have got that all figued out with the course change.

Hope everyone has a safe trip and a GOOD RUN!

CC YAA,

BOB

BOB ONEIL 09-05-2002 01:15 PM

Hey Catgirl, I see you lurking are you there yet?