Notices

Racing Opinions

Old 11-09-2014, 04:21 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Racing Opinions

What a great 3 days of watching all the KW races. I'd like to do this some day. From my computer my opinions are

1) Racing in a cat (any cat) looks dangerous (and I'm a cat owner).... I thought the Vees looked more stable. Every race today "almost" had a cat blow over.

2) I like the racing where all boats are subject to the same limitations...i.e. money can't buy you a win (sort of). The Superboat class is my favorite followed by the SB stock. Really my least favorite is the SB unlimited. It seems like even people who throw millions of dollars out still can't hardly finish a race.

3) Superboat Extreme - puts on a really good show. I like the fact that they are big, fast, loud, and they finish the race. It seems this would be a more expensive class the SB stock but less expensive than Superboat. 6-8 of these guys going at once would be fun to watch.

4) All the racers had to get the crap beat out of them today.

Lot's of fun to watch and I'm glad there were no tragedies (I really thought Geico was going over).

Last edited by Orthobam; 11-09-2014 at 04:24 PM.
Old 11-09-2014, 05:43 PM
Registered

Received 532 Likes on 329 Posts

I went back to the recordings and wow, that was a sight to see!

Video Credit: http://superboat.com http://new.livestream.com/sbi/keywest2014 click on "Sunday Race #3"

Old 11-09-2014, 07:41 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Orthobam
1) Racing in a cat (any cat) looks dangerous (and I'm a cat owner).... I thought the Vees looked more stable. Every race today "almost" had a cat blow over.
That Lucas Oil boat flew so level was quite amazing to see. Interested to see how it would go as a pleasure boat now, and if it will get any interest especially after it's showing today.
Old 11-09-2014, 08:15 PM
Registered

I thought Geico was going over. My hart stopped an I lost my breath. Love that team. Artie
Old 11-09-2014, 08:45 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Kings11
That Lucas Oil boat flew so level was quite amazing to see. Interested to see how it would go as a pleasure boat now, and if it will get any interest especially after it's showing today.
Did they announce they are selling?

Would it work for SB Extreme?
Old 11-09-2014, 08:49 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Kings11
the announcer said 1000 hp, imagine if it had twin 1650s?
Old 11-09-2014, 08:57 PM
Registered

In the water they had today, I bed they could of pulled off a 1st place finish if they had the 1650's or even 1500's. The power difference between them and the big cat teams was pretty huge.

@Orthobam

Proven off the track, the SilverHook® is available in two "Grand Touring" open cockpit racing models, with four or five seat versions. Also, designed by the Mannerfelt Design Team the GT models feature side pods / rubrails which are an option. They are designed specifically to stabilize which both increases the stability and improves the safety of V-bottoms for pleasure boaters. The side pods have always been part of Ocke's designs. We will build your SilverHook with or without the stabilizing side pods. Your choice!
http://www.silverhook.com/Models.html
Old 11-09-2014, 09:01 PM
Registered

That was scary, those guys took a beating today. So Orthobam what are you thinking racing a V instead of a cat?
Old 11-09-2014, 09:46 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by pstorti
That was scary, those guys took a beating today. So Orthobam what are you thinking racing a V instead of a cat?
With zero experience and no knowledge but a very absolute budget I would say SB stock, SB Vee, or SB Extreme.

I have spoken with one of the Superboat teams and their budget is about 3x what my budget would be....except I would only want to run 3 or 4 races per year. I would not want to travel away from my perfectly good summer LOTO home to beat myself up in a race boat. I would run the spring and early summer races then KW. So with few races and fewer expenses I might be able to swing the Superboat (if a viable used one came available). Oh, except that that is waaaayyy to much boat for me (especially in water like today). No matter what I would want an experienced throttle guy to lead me along.

I'd like to rally some of my LOTO troops, pool our resources and go out and just have fun. Split the seat time and expenses. Keep an established throttle guy the whole season and rotate drivers.

Just dreaming now but having fun looking at options.
Old 11-09-2014, 10:09 PM
Registered

Received 151 Likes on 65 Posts

Bam- it's not Poker running- the fun part is COMPETING AND TRYIN TO WIN!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.