Lots of cats for sale cheep. >

Lots of cats for sale cheep.

Notices

Lots of cats for sale cheep.

Old 11-11-2014, 08:23 AM
Driver-441
Racer

Received 1,075 Likes on 284 Posts

Id buy a boat with 1075s in a heart beat. If they're fresh, its a great engine. If they're whooped you have a fantastic base to build bigger with. Win win.
Old 11-11-2014, 08:46 AM
Registered

Received 278 Likes on 97 Posts

I think these cats and other high dollar boats are sorta tough to sell for a couple reasons

Most actually require some serious money in refreshing, yes typical high performance maintanence but 50-100k worth gets expensive fast....

These boats are actually pretty large to store, tow, insure, etc.

So in reality what seems to be priced in person A's budget is actually to expensive So only person B can afford them which person B normally also can afford a newer, more expensive, and reliable boat.
Old 11-11-2014, 08:48 AM
Registered

Received 701 Likes on 355 Posts

Originally Posted by TeamSaris
Id buy a boat with 1075s in a heart beat. If they're fresh, its a great engine. If they're whooped you have a fantastic base to build bigger with. Win win.
I'll give you the final tally on parts for 2 of them.rebuilding after 1 engine broke a lifter at 125hrs.of course these engines have done the miles of the eastern sea board at 5500 to 6000rpm's.engines are in a 46 Outerlimits.
Old 11-11-2014, 09:41 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Being both an avid performance boater and a veteran Insurance Broker, any boat that does over 100mph is expensive to insure, relative to your budget of course. There are markets available to insure just about anyone in anything for enough premium. Common sense and experience are a huge part of the rating process. I've seen guys go from a wakeboard boat to a 130 mph skater with no experience. I'll turn them away because I know they are a claim waiting to happen. On the other hand I have others that have had fast boats for years and never ever had a claim.

Cats are faster, more efficient, and a blast, but has different characteristics from a V bottom. I strongly recommend the Tres Martin course for those getting into a boat bigger or faster. His course is expensive, but it could save your life. It also helps me to get you a better rate, so it pays for itself in a few years.

Technology with the newer engines is incredible. These newer engines are expensive but are extremely reliable compared to engines we all had 20 years ago. When you consider this fact, cost per hour to run is still relative.

For those thinking of buying a used Cat or a V call your Performance Boat Insurance Broker for a quote prior to purchase. Rate is largely based on the Individual as,well as the Boat.
Old 11-11-2014, 09:54 AM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 393 Likes on 141 Posts

It's the new fad, they are moving into CC's.....
Old 11-11-2014, 12:50 PM
Registered

Received 434 Likes on 194 Posts

Originally Posted by shepnic74
What a b!tch. Buy your insurance for 12500 a year but for God sakes don't ever have a claim of any sort or you will never get it again. What a rip off!!!! When I bought my TG most insurance company's wouldn't even give me a quote just cause it has the name cigarette1 on the side of it can't imagine what they say when you tell them your running a cat at 120+. Have to give credit to Stacy at wakezone for hooking me up with a decent rate though
For sure. It's crazy that the company that does all of our business and personal insurance won't touch a plan for the boat. Stacy @ wakezone hooked it up, thanks Stacy!
Old 11-11-2014, 01:17 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Orthobam
First two years with no prior high performance time in a 40 Skater with Sterling 1100s. about $12,000/year with a layup from Labor Day to Memorial Day.

This year, my 3rd year.....$7,500 with no layup and 1/2 the deductible.
Geez, that's unbelievable. I pay $800/year to go 80mph. Seems like a helluva deal in context!

Those extra miles per hour on the top end sure are expensive....
Old 11-11-2014, 03:08 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by chris21hope
Geez, that's unbelievable. I pay $800/year to go 80mph. Seems like a helluva deal in context!

Those extra miles per hour on the top end sure are expensive....
thats why my boat only goes fifty ..
Old 11-11-2014, 03:21 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yea, that is what I'm thinking. I was looking at skaters but coming from a Outerlimits with a 6 ft cabin with a bathroom in it, I think I would miss the amenities. The Nor Tech has a porta potty looking like scenario but thats at best. I just can't swallow those motor rebuilds every 100 hrs at 50 grand minimum. Then if you go with a new boat with 700s like that orange skater ( which is a great looking boat) its almost a half a million bucks. Yea, those CC's are looking better every minute.
Old 11-11-2014, 04:58 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Any chance you can say where you are paying $800 for 80mph. I am paying $1500 for 80mph.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.