Notices

**disclaimer**

Old 11-17-2014, 08:21 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

January 14th I threw the pack out and all the lighters. That was the day Dad told me he had cancer.

The gum helped and i think packed a bigger wallup than the cigs. The change in routine was the hardest.... Not going out for the 9:30 break with everyone, getting in the car, couldn't drink beer for a month. Craving was too strong.

Almost a year now and i could pick back up the habit in a minute but Dads lookin' down on me now and that was his dying lesson to me. I feel ten years younger and getting out for walks is huge for me to burn off nervous energy. Don't know why, but Listerine helped too!

Stick to it, people around you never said anything but your breath smelled like dog sheet
Old 11-17-2014, 09:46 PM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

I haven't touched a cigarette since August. I do keep an e-cig close by though..... because homiciding random idiots is frowned upon in this society.
If you think you can (quit), you will. If you think you can't, you're right.
Old 11-17-2014, 09:49 PM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Oh, almost forgot- don't worry too much about going to jail.... They don't have cigarettes there anymore, and they only pick on the pretty honkies. You'll be fine.
Old 11-17-2014, 09:56 PM
SORE MEMBER
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I quit 1/1/2008 I will not touch another one. You might want to get nicotine gum or an e-cig for the tough days. I used patches but doubled the time on each stage, cost twice as much but that amounts to nothing compared to the value in quiting
Old 11-17-2014, 09:57 PM
Registered

Received 690 Likes on 276 Posts

e cigs, patches gum etc are all out. Job hunting and my industry drug and nicotine tests........
Old 11-17-2014, 10:04 PM
Neno the mind boggler
VIP Member

Received 271 Likes on 96 Posts

damn dude you just cant catch a break . . . . . hey we should be water testing the USGS cat in another week or two you can come along if ya want for a distraction lol if the friggin lake isnt froze
08 OPA High Points Champion
10 OPA Class 1 National Champion ( happy now Ed! )
Old 11-17-2014, 10:16 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I quit in 09. I used regular chewing gum as a distraction. I think I spent more on gum than I would have on cigs the first few weeks.
Old 11-17-2014, 10:45 PM
Registered

Received 40 Likes on 16 Posts

I have tried a few times, but I was never able to completely quit for good. After my second back surgery (spinal fusion), I spent over a week in the hospital. I was so doped up that I didn't even think about smoking. I thought I had it licked. As soon as I left the hospital, I wanted a cig. I lit it up and took one drag and it was the most aweful thing I had ever tasted. But stupid me just kept trying until it tasted good again.

My wife quit about a year ago and uses an E cig. The biggest problem that I see with them is that there is no regulation. You have no idea what is in those bottles of oil. I always joke with her that she is smoking donkey semen that was bottled by some crack head in his basment.
Eddie
Old 11-18-2014, 06:37 AM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I quit for 18 years then on a motorcycle trip in the northwoods of Wisconsin, I had dinner with a guy I didn't know. It was a blackened filet at Blink Bonnies. Right when we finished he sat back and lit one. It smelled so good after just eating that steak, I got one from him and that was it. Smoked for another 6 years until I got some Chantix. Not only did it work but I had really cool dreams from this stuff. Once dreamed I was blowing down the Kennedy expressway in a 39 cig, weaving in and out of traffic (cars). Blasted the Harlem ave overpass with a giant roost, paid my toll at O'Hare and opened it up going west on I90. Its been a year and o be honest if I could I would smoke. I like the entire ritual of lighting up, flicking the ashes, etc.

Good luck and try some Chantix
Old 11-18-2014, 06:51 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You can do it. Find things to keep your mind off of it and your hands busy. I enjoyed smoking cigs for years. I was asked by my wife, kids to quit countless times. I tried using gum, patches, cold turkey with no success. I did alot of researching about e-cig. I now have one. I only use it when I really want/need it. In March I will make a year. It has made it alot easier.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.