Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   496 Mag/HO Goodies (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/32029-496-mag-ho-goodies.html)

H2Xmark 09-08-2002 10:01 AM

the 6.2 is a stroker 350 chevy{400crank} it is 320 hp the scorpion is a modified 6.2 put out 360 hp, the parts in the engines are cast{crank,pistons} and they can handle more power, but like anything sometimes you have problems, you might have a problem with something that does not show its ugly face, then you bolt on a supercharger and the added H.P will make that small problem bigger, I recommend before any mods are done you need to do a leakdown test of each cylinder, this will show if you have a problem on a cylinder, you are adding more H.P so it will run hotter you have to address that area also,
I think if Dustin has done all he has said with pulling an engine and working afterhours, he has done his part, we get customers that bring us there cars to work on they pick them up and they find maybe the A/C is not blowing as cold, well we worked on the brakes not the A/C and its hard to convince the customer otherwise, to some it is an honest mistake to the others they know they can get someting for nothing, and don't take this wrong Uncles toy, I'm not even thinking about your situation here on this example, when you modify anything you are taking a chance, maybe a small one but it is there, and no matter how hard one tries you can never please all, it won't happen, Uncle's toy I hope every thing works out for you in the long run, and Dustin, I will be calling you soon for a supercharger kit for my 2000 - 454mag thanks

Back4More 09-08-2002 10:09 PM

Thanks for the reply.
Dosen't sound like it can handle too much more.

Vyper340 09-17-2002 08:40 AM

Still waiting to find out how much for the different mods

How much are they going to cost????

ccarloss 09-17-2002 11:36 AM

I am waiting as well.

FAST ENOUGH 09-17-2002 03:56 PM

Me too!!!:D

CigDaze 09-17-2002 03:57 PM

Yes, some pricing would be great.

...Very anxious!:)

Steet 09-19-2002 08:40 PM

blown up motor

As a consumer, I find it hard to believe that anyone can start blaming someone for their misfortune. I have built many blower motors and had many performance boats in my lifetime, but I can not remember ever buying one with a warranty. Someone needs to wake up and smell the coffee.. you buy performance parts and put them on a boat, well you except the outcome, whether good or bad. First, do not take performance parts and put them on a questionable engine combination. If you want performance, spend the money, or stay with the pleasure boats.
Supercharged and happy......Steve

Sydwayz 09-19-2002 11:51 PM

Does the Scorpion version of the 6.2 (377ci/360HP) come with an oil cooler? Should this be 'most notable' addition to the 320HP version for reliability standpoint, even before you talk about blowers and such?

Are there any Scorpion owners on the board?
(BTW, the last time I checked, the 377 Scorpion/B1(x) combo cost MORE than a HP500EFI/B1(x) combo!)

sdelim25 09-24-2002 06:03 PM

Dustin

Just wondering if you have the pricing on the mods? Also curious what kind of numbers you are getting with the SC and CMI exhaust?

Thanks
Mike

FAST ENOUGH 09-25-2002 09:33 PM

Dustin your killing us 496ers with this waiting:D I havent felt this bad since I had to wait on my new truck I ordered:D