Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Determining wave height for the OSO uneducated. >

Determining wave height for the OSO uneducated.

Notices

Determining wave height for the OSO uneducated.

Old 11-20-2014, 09:20 AM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Interceptor
Did Noah work for NOAA ?
Yes, he took a different career path after Sy wouldn't insure his Ark.
Old 11-20-2014, 09:26 AM
Registered

Received 23 Likes on 10 Posts

yah he did lol that's what I meant.

Last edited by 1989mach1; 11-20-2014 at 09:29 AM.
Old 11-20-2014, 10:32 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by SB
When your wife reaches over and rips your privates off your body so fast she doesn't rip your shorts, the waves are too big.

It's nice to know I'm not the only one that has to deal with this... misery loves company!
Old 11-20-2014, 10:47 AM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Interceptor
Did Noah work for NOAA ?
Nah He was in a different union-- something about wooden boats

3pointstar
Old 11-20-2014, 11:04 AM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

Maybe we should start a "standardization process" for categorizing or grading wave-- a bench mark that could used is how olives are graded!!!

1. Petite - can see your reflection of your face (ugly people not eligible- well ok ulgy people can participate but only if you live south of Tennessee)

2. Small - The wave of a Mallard duck- Maximum wave a Bayliner is allowed to encounter

3. Medium - Size of a Bass Boat wake - WOT (Signals with various fingers as they pass are acceptable- and encouraged in Indiana)

4. Large- Water Splashes up the sides of the boat and occasionally gets passengers wet

5. Extra Large - Water Splashes up the sides of the boat but definitely gets passengers wet and bilge pumps begin to engage

6. Colossal-- Only Baja, Fountain, PowerQuest, Cigarette, Sunsation, Cobalt (had to throw that in), Skater, Nordic and any other high cost boats are allowed out

3pointstar
Old 11-20-2014, 11:05 AM
Registered

Received 23 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Dukedonzi
It's nice to know I'm not the only one that has to deal with this... misery loves company!
The only time my wife is not throwing punches and yelling at me to slow down is when the gopro is on. Must not want to look like a crazy person. .. lol
Old 11-20-2014, 11:25 AM
Registered

Received 566 Likes on 234 Posts

Exwife was always a trooper when I was in my 18 hotrod.
And this was even after her only riding in the boat 2 times and having the gimble ring strip out and the boat making a hard left at 60 and her ending up at the hospital with a dislocated shoulder.
Back in those days there was 2 speeds no wake and full throttle and most of that was on Lake Michigan.

Didn't realize how scary the passenger seat was until I rode in it after selling the boat
Old 11-20-2014, 11:30 AM
Registered

Received 115 Likes on 75 Posts

Originally Posted by SB
When your wife reaches over and rips your privates off your body so fast she doesn't rip your shorts, the waves are too big.
That is to bad , my girl is always asking me if that is all the old girl has in her , I have to keeping looking over to make sure I did not dump her overboard .
Old 11-20-2014, 11:38 AM
Registered

Received 690 Likes on 276 Posts

Originally Posted by 3pointstar
Maybe we should start a "standardization process" for categorizing or grading wave-- a bench mark that could used is how olives are graded!!!

1. Petite - can see your reflection of your face (ugly people not eligible- well ok ulgy people can participate but only if you live south of Tennessee)

2. Small - The wave of a Mallard duck- Maximum wave a Bayliner is allowed to encounter

3. Medium - Size of a Bass Boat wake - WOT (Signals with various fingers as they pass are acceptable- and encouraged in Indiana)

4. Large- Water Splashes up the sides of the boat and occasionally gets passengers wet

5. Extra Large - Water Splashes up the sides of the boat but definitely gets passengers wet and bilge pumps begin to engage

6. Colossal-- Only Baja, Fountain, PowerQuest, Cigarette, Sunsation, Cobalt (had to throw that in), Skater, Nordic and any other high cost boats are allowed out

7. Apache Water -- Surfers generally refer to this as double overhead. Only navigable in an Apache aka: The Chuck Norris of Power Boats.

3pointstar

Fixed it for you.....
Old 11-20-2014, 11:40 AM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by 1989mach1
The only time my wife is not throwing punches and yelling at me to slow down is when the gopro is on. Must not want to look like a crazy person. .. lol
Sounds familiar. There are several occasions where I get punched by my wife and ordered to slow down, and the GoPro is expressly prohibited in one of them. So far.