MAN what a F-up I just made!!!!

Notices

MAN what a F-up I just made!!!!

Old 08-29-2002, 08:05 PM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Default MAN what a F-up I just made!!!!

Well I just got the motor in there and I think I forgot something, so out it comes!!!! Better safe then sorry. I think I missed the little Guide piece that goes in the flywheel on the TRS transmisions!!!! Oh well back to work in the rain!!! Looks like it is going to be a LATE night tonight. Well at leaste only the shift and throttle cables are hooked up and the engine mounts are only in loose. It should be out and back in in a hour or so. Back to work. I HATE DOING THIS CRAP IN THE RAINE!!!!!!!!

Jon
Old 08-29-2002, 08:08 PM
Registered

Received 3,018 Likes on 987 Posts

Jon, get my motor in there and get that thing on the water!!
Old 08-29-2002, 08:19 PM
Charter Member #1528

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yeah man.... get in in there..... ( always knew you had trouble findingteh right hole... that why you live in P-Town....)

Anyhow, get that **** done and get out here already ! Summa's almost gone !

Rick32
Old 08-29-2002, 08:29 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Paying your dues on this one Buddy, I hope the rest goes smoothly!
Old 08-29-2002, 10:52 PM
Registered

Received 78 Likes on 47 Posts

Got you beat on that Jon! My engines have gone in and out about 3 times in the past week now. . The part where you're winning is having only the throttle cables hooked up. We're working on the tail pipe/header alignement issue and how it relates with the deck edges back there. Anyway, I think we're both winning the battle though.
Old 08-29-2002, 11:05 PM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

Well I got it all together again and then guess what. The freeking water pump does not have the correct connection that I need. I have transmisions and they have coolers....... SO I grab every water pump part that I have and lay thern out of the floor. DAMN there was no way to do it. Then I get in the boat to close it up and realize defeat and low and behold the other water pump in the boat has the parts I need and I was able to make another good pump out of all the parts on the floor that would work on the other motor. SO I am still in the game. The next big hurdle.... DANL got me started on the fact that Merc was nice enough to change the plugs back in the 80's so this new motor is going to require me to replace the freeking wire harness from the engine to the dash and rewire my dash!!!!!! WHAT THE !!!!!!! Oh well I can do that reasonably quick if the weather cooperates with me. Then just put on the exhaust manifold and wire up the starter and grounds and some other small stuff and I will be good to go. As you can see they aimed for the nuts but they missed YA YA I KNOW SMALL TARGET!!!!!!!!

As for you Mr. Rick32........ I will deal with you later
Old 08-30-2002, 12:37 AM
Intolerant1

Can you make an adapter for the harness. Your prob good at that sort of thing.

Old 08-30-2002, 06:29 AM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

Intolerent. My buddy Biggus does have a harness that he hacked up so I may give it a try. HOWEVER as you know some times trying to fix stuff wrong can take as long if not longer then doing it the right was
Old 08-30-2002, 06:52 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Audio (Jon). I've got to say, that if there was some award for determination, you would win by a landslide (as they say). No fancy shop, lifts....yadda yadda yadda..........and look at all the stuff you did this year.

(you do realizenow, you'll probably splash it this weekend and forget the transom drain plug )

.............. U DA MAN !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bob
Old 08-30-2002, 07:02 AM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

Kaama cat funny you should say about the drain plugs. You have no idea how many times this AM I have said to myself. Make sure you check the drain plug. Make sure you check the drain plug LOL

Quick Reply: MAN what a F-up I just made!!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.