Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Boater's Worst NightMare (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/32053-boaters-worst-nightmare.html)

fountainhead 08-30-2002 10:08 PM

DROUGHT

it must have been some great boating weater for years according to the pics. look on the bright side, everyone will know where the channel is.

hope things improve for you guys! maybe you can trade for a high performance airboat.

mopower 08-30-2002 10:11 PM

WOW:eek: :eek: :eek:

Flashback 08-30-2002 10:29 PM

Fountianhead
Your right, I never new the channel was that far to the left, until now.
thanks

stevebaretta 08-30-2002 10:57 PM

Are you sh**'n me? That's terrible and I thought we had it bad with low river levels. At least we could get in.

Ted G 08-30-2002 11:06 PM

I flew over NC last week on the way to Charlotte. I was amazed at the lakes that were so low. There are probably thousands of grassfront homes with completely unusable docks. It has got to totally SUCK. We have terrible jellyfish on the Bay this year, but at least we got water!

Keith 08-30-2002 11:15 PM

Shocking photos'

Wow, simply amazing Flashback. Hope things improve quicker than the 2004 estimates.

No jellies yet in the Chesapeake Bay north of Middle River, but they're making the trek. Down in Ted's area, can walk across them. :)

Ironically, the drought has been good for the bay. No runoff=less pollution=better water clarity=more sea grasses growing=(but sucked up into the outdrive) provides habitat for more rockfish and crab offspring. Prediction: Bumper crops of both next 2 years.

ChrisK 08-30-2002 11:33 PM

That looks like many of the lakes here in FL did for a few.... We have finally started getting rain again on a regular basis I.E. EVERY DAY!We are at the point now they are sending out flash flood warnings! We went from one extreme to another. The boat slip in by yard dried up lthe last 2 years, and now is 3 inches from being under water. Oh well.... got to love mother nature!

R Addiction 08-31-2002 12:31 AM

Are you getting any rain in the next few days? We are...right thru the weekend!! :mad:

Tbonepmp 08-31-2002 12:35 AM

THIS HAS GOT TO BE A JOKE!!!!!!!!!!
UR KIDDING... RIGHT???:confused:

Flashback 08-31-2002 08:15 PM

Stevebaretta,

I SH*T you not. Since April we have had to drive an hour to get to the nearest lake with enough water to boat in.

Insptech,

The local paper has had some airel photos of the lake in th past month. It looks like a golf course with all the grass. It will be a mess when it finally comes back.

Kelly,

Are those stinging jelly fish or just cabbage heads? I have seen this happen before in Boca and in Wilmington NC.

Chris K,

I know what you mean, its always from one extreme to another. Too much or not enough. Looks like we need to have a long talk with Mother Nature. ;) But would you expect anything else from a woman. :D

R addiction,

We have been getting rain for the past 3 days and its not supposed to stop until after Labor Day. :( But its still a welcome sight.:)

Tbonepmp

This Is no joke. I promise. Hell I could not even work Photoshop, :D So these pics are for real.