Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Boater's Worst NightMare (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/32053-boaters-worst-nightmare.html)

Flashback 09-01-2002 08:29 PM

Havasu Cig

Amen brother!

DallasHeat 09-01-2002 08:58 PM

I always wondered what a lake would look like dried up:(

I bet there is some GOOD fish'in in the channel!!!

Good luck with the rain, maybe some of the Apache boy's could do a rain dance for y'all;)

DallasHeat

Dock Holiday 09-01-2002 09:02 PM

Dallas,

I know Flashback can give you better information, but this caused a MAJOR fish kill in the lake a few weeks back. I have two friends with property down there and they have never seen it this bad. Alcoa controls this lake and they have had problems for a few years now, but nothing like this.

I hate to see this and really feel for all the property owners there.

Flashback 09-01-2002 09:44 PM

Yes, Highrock has had a major fish kill. The fish that were left in shallow water and outter pockets of the lake were using up all the remaining oxygen without being refreshed by new river water. Other wild life has suffered as well. And don't forget about all the mosquitos breeding in the grass.

hirschy77 09-02-2002 12:58 PM

water level

flashback, what an unbelievable sight!!!!! Sorry for your lake. My local lake is 2 feet high!!! Please feel free to come and take some !!!! We've had just about the wettest summer in history...As a matter of fact I dont think we'd miss any lakes around here either. mark

Flashback 09-04-2002 11:19 PM

hirschy77

Its weird how the weather goes in cycles throughout different parts of the country. I guess the best place to have a guarranteed boating season is on the ocean. Cause if it goes Dry were all in deep Chit!:D

Hope you guys dry out a little, when you get a chance send some our way!:D

Turbojack 09-05-2002 06:21 AM

I am wondering why they will not let you can not walk on lakebed?

kitten 09-05-2002 07:06 AM

My friend lives north of Lake Monroe, Sanford FL,
on the St Johns River (40 feet deep there) and she has
2 feet of water over her dock ! And, that was BEFORE
Tropical Storm Eduard came thru last night !BEFORE !

My pool is up 6 inches again!:(

Audiofn 09-05-2002 07:33 AM

Holly crap man that is just insane!!!!!! I wonder why they will not let you walk on the bed as well. I would think that they would want you to get out there and mow that place to keep the weeds down and get some stuff out. I hope that you get some rain and lots of it soon. Maybe pray for a hurricane to hit ya.

Jon

Dean Ferry 09-05-2002 07:54 AM

That does suck! Time for an Indian Rain Dance! I hope it POURS for you folks SOON! We, here in Fl. were also in a 3 yr. drought, BUT this year's rainfall has wiped out our drought and we are like 9+ inches about normal rain fall!
Good luck,
MD