Question About IMCO and CMI Parts When Figuring Sale Price >

Question About IMCO and CMI Parts When Figuring Sale Price

Notices

Question About IMCO and CMI Parts When Figuring Sale Price

Old 11-27-2014, 04:27 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Question About IMCO and CMI Parts When Figuring Sale Price

We are going to put our boat on the market in the upcoming spring.

I have done some 496HO engine improvements and had all the internals replaced with forged internals and Dart heads and I know I will not get any of my money back for those parts and work. No, the engine was not damaged, it was 100% operational and all I wanted was to install a Whipple without having worry about the internals.

However, the engine does have CMI Sport Tubs and tails as well as an IMCO E-box and SC extreme shorty. Is it reasonable to ask for half of the original pricing for these parts when trying to figure out a fair sale price?

Also, how far off are boat prices from the NADA price after all the options are clicked?

I know the current mindset is that everything needs to be given away when for sale and that all used boats are over priced, all I want to do is make sure I am not asking too much or giving it away in the end.

Thanks for reading.

Last edited by TW720HVY; 11-27-2014 at 08:23 PM.
Old 11-27-2014, 06:55 PM
Registered

whats the speed of the boat ,,, pics

Originally Posted by TW720HVY
We are going to put our boat on the market in the upcoming spring.

I have done some 496HO engine improvements and had all the internals replaced with forged internals and Dart heads and I know I will not get any of my money back for those parts and work. No, the engine was not damaged, it was 100% operational and I wanted do to was install a Whipple without worry about the internals.

However, the engine does have CMI Sport Tubs and tails as well as an IMCO E-box and SC extreme shorty. Is it reasonable to ask for half of the original pricing for these parts when trying to figure out a fair sale price?

Also, how far off are boat prices from the NADA price after all the options are clicked?

I know the current mindset is that everything needs to be given away when for sale and that all used boats are over priced, all I want to do is make sure I am not asking too much or giving it away in the end.

Thanks for reading.
Old 11-27-2014, 07:21 PM
Registered

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts

You can ask for whatever you want, your potential buyers will have to weigh it out.
Old 11-27-2014, 07:33 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by JRider
You can ask for whatever you want, your potential buyers will have to weigh it out.
I completely agree, but if the price point is too high no potential buyers will want to look at it.
Old 11-27-2014, 07:51 PM
Registered

Received 698 Likes on 341 Posts

Take the parts off, ask a reasonable price for the boat and sell the aftermarket accessories.
Old 11-27-2014, 08:16 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by 01scarab29
whats the speed of the boat ,,, pics
For the record I am not trying to sell the boat in this thread, rather just get some ideas on how to proceed if we decide to move forward in February. I don't want to get this thread shutdown nor do I feel like getting in trouble. So all I am doing is answering your question.

The boat top speed right now is 68 GPS. I personally believe it could do slightly better 1-2 MPH with a better prop. Right now it is running a 24P Bravo1 that is labbed and my personal feeling is it could do better and in fact the engine felt and sounded better with a stock 24P Bravo1.

Just some pictures I have on hand...

[ATTACH=CONFIG]533317[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]533318[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]533319[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]533320[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]533321[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails Question About IMCO and CMI Parts When Figuring Sale Price-img_1498.jpg   Question About IMCO and CMI Parts When Figuring Sale Price-img_1260.jpg   Question About IMCO and CMI Parts When Figuring Sale Price-img_1258.jpg  

Question About IMCO and CMI Parts When Figuring Sale Price-loto2012.jpg   Question About IMCO and CMI Parts When Figuring Sale Price-img_2056.jpg  
Old 11-27-2014, 08:17 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by lil red
Take the parts off, ask a reasonable price for the boat and sell the aftermarket accessories.
That would be a good idea but the original parts are all sold and there is no way I want to try and get the E-box off.
Old 11-27-2014, 10:16 PM
Neno the mind boggler
VIP Member

Received 271 Likes on 96 Posts

im not sure the aftermarket parts add any real doller value over NADA or market value, at least not proportional to what they cost, but what it does do is put you higher on potential buyers lists. in other words people looking for nice boats in that range are gonna circle back around to yours as they start making a short list. This should allow you to get max dollar, what ever that may be. just my .02 cents
08 OPA High Points Champion
10 OPA Class 1 National Champion ( happy now Ed! )

Last edited by glassdave; 11-27-2014 at 10:22 PM.
Old 11-28-2014, 08:49 AM
Registered

Thanks for all the great feedback guys!
Old 11-28-2014, 09:04 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 3,051 Likes on 1,357 Posts

This is one of the cleanest boats you will ever find, I've been on it, ran with it, if your in the market for a 26 OL you will not find one nicer, good luck with the sale Rick, are you taking a break from boating or moving up

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.