Notices

A Little Carb vs EFI info

Old 12-13-2014, 10:06 AM
CNC
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ICDEDPPL
The last paragraph is where its at!
Wonder what your ROI on the system would be fuel wise. Wish these systems came down in price.
ROI?? Do we do mods on engines for ROI?? He11 no ....GO faster!! If we burn less fuel... just a accidental perk.
Old 12-13-2014, 11:56 AM
Registered

Received 4,286 Likes on 1,237 Posts

Good point, I`m just trying to justify the cost
Old 12-13-2014, 12:14 PM
Fast Singles Club
Gold Member

Received 387 Likes on 156 Posts

There is no justification for any of this , just pure lunacy . But , we are happy lunatics !

[ATTACH=CONFIG]534244[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails A Little Carb vs EFI info-money-floating-water.jpg  

Last edited by the deep; 12-13-2014 at 03:40 PM.
Old 12-13-2014, 12:54 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Starting effortlessly every time I bump the key and being able to adjust my A/F ratio, idle speed, and numerous other things from the drivers seat was worth the coin to me.
Old 12-13-2014, 03:03 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Quick2500
Starting effortlessly every time I bump the key and being able to adjust my A/F ratio, idle speed, and numerous other things from the drivers seat was worth the coin to me.
I`m with ya but I can still do that just not from the drivers seat and have $7, 000 left over .
Price goes up trying to EFI a 500hp motor vs. a 900hp one
Old 12-13-2014, 04:47 PM
Registered

I`m with ya but I can still do that just not from the drivers seat and have $7, 000 left over .
Price goes up trying to EFI a 500hp motor vs. a 900hp one
Definitely understand where you're coming from. I went the more elaborate route on mine. I went with better fuel pumps, aeromotive stainless pre-filters with SS elements, and aeromotive post-filters. I actually saved money on the intake manifolds - kept them and machined them myself (they flow a lot better than the edelbrock and holley versions anyway). All the fuel lines and rails are bigger than the Holley stuff. I wanted my system to be as high end as possible, but also wanted to be ready for the next time I have a nervous breakdown and get the upgrade itch for superchargers.

In my case, buying the Holley HP EFI Universal Retrofit kit has a BIG cost savings. I saved around $500 per kit buying that way rather than piecing those components together. The wire harnesses, throttle body, billet pressure regulator, sensors, and ECM alone add up fast.
Old 12-13-2014, 07:10 PM
SB
Registered

Received 3,115 Likes on 1,402 Posts

You can start yor boat from your deck or restaurant table. Lol.
Old 12-13-2014, 10:57 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Wobble
Would love to see a comparison on an 800 hp 410 sprint car motor with old school injection versus one of the new 8 stack efi's
a modern 410 sprint has about 925 hp. Biggest change has been moving the throttle blades up high in the intake runners. I have seen mechanical injection setups modified to use EFI injectors. I think it's hard to beat the old school injection. Sprints have been on the leading front of max power from naturally aspirated 410 ci engines for yrs. The comparison would be cool!!
Old 12-13-2014, 11:46 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Tibbstoy2
Definitely understand where you're coming from. I went the more elaborate route on mine. I went with better fuel pumps, aeromotive stainless pre-filters with SS elements, and aeromotive post-filters. I actually saved money on the intake manifolds - kept them and machined them myself (they flow a lot better than the edelbrock and holley versions anyway). All the fuel lines and rails are bigger than the Holley stuff. I wanted my system to be as high end as possible, but also wanted to be ready for the next time I have a nervous breakdown and get the upgrade itch for superchargers.

In my case, buying the Holley HP EFI Universal Retrofit kit has a BIG cost savings. I saved around $500 per kit buying that way rather than piecing those components together. The wire harnesses, throttle body, billet pressure regulator, sensors, and ECM alone add up fast.
When can I bring the boat over??