Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Is Bill Pyburn living the ultimate boater experience? >

Is Bill Pyburn living the ultimate boater experience?

Notices

Is Bill Pyburn living the ultimate boater experience?

Old 12-13-2014, 03:46 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 246 Likes on 112 Posts

Originally Posted by Comanche3Six
I knew I had saved it somewhere so I went through my computer and I had saved a picture of that same motor in September of 2009, how many of these beasts are out there?
Old 12-13-2014, 06:35 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Bill, Most definitely has the right guy building his engines. With Tod's, experience and ingenuity, that's for sure ! I know; Tod, worked extensively on the 708 All star project with the owner of Competition Products/ Howards Cams. The Allstars, were in a Profile, as test platform if I recall. I believe; they were EFI, you could buy that package as parts or assembled.
I remember; the owner telling me, Merc. came in and purchased the engines along with the production rights. They took them and covered them up, while they finished the 1050 project. Then sold it back to the owner. I remember asking; one of the guys from Merc Racing, about the engines and silence was on the other end of the phone.
Old 12-13-2014, 07:20 AM
Registered

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

I think Bill is one of the few that invests much more time and resources in function vs fancy as opposed to "All Show & No Go"! He dares to be different & doesn't hesitate to go where others have not. I'm sure this new Skater will be no different w/ the performance to boot.
Old 12-13-2014, 08:39 AM
Registered

At this point Im not sure if Pyburns new motors are the same or differnent than Carls motors in his OL 44 sl. What I can say is the 44sl is one of the coolest sounding boats Ive ever heard. He has brought it to the Boyne thunder poker run the past 2 years. Crazy!
Old 12-13-2014, 08:59 AM
Registered

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Pics & info on the Engines in a post on PBN. They are on display at the PRI show this week.
Old 12-13-2014, 10:30 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by glassdave
bore spacing i believe . . . . this is just a guess but i am gonna say its just a wheeee bit bigger then a 302

quite the dinosaur burner there, that thing is sick
Lol I guess it does sound pretty stupid lol
Old 12-13-2014, 10:32 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by MER Performance
Bill, Most definitely has the right guy building his engines. With Tod's, experience and ingenuity, that's for sure ! I know; Tod, worked extensively on the 708 All star project with the owner of Competition Products/ Howards Cams. The Allstars, were in a Profile, as test platform if I recall. I believe; they were EFI, you could buy that package as parts or assembled.
I remember; the owner telling me, Merc. came in and purchased the engines along with the production rights. They took them and covered them up, while they finished the 1050 project. Then sold it back to the owner. I remember asking; one of the guys from Merc Racing, about the engines and silence was on the other end of the phone.
Wow thats nuts I was wondering why we didn't hear more about them
Old 12-13-2014, 12:51 PM
Skater Brother
Platinum Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by GATORONE
[ATTACH=CONFIG]534185[/ATTACH]
Bad MOFOs
Old 12-13-2014, 03:49 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by drpete3
At this point Im not sure if Pyburns new motors are the same or differnent than Carls motors in his OL 44 sl. What I can say is the 44sl is one of the coolest sounding boats Ive ever heard. He has brought it to the Boyne thunder poker run the past 2 years. Crazy!
I'm sure they're 90% the same (or identical). I'm surprised more people on here haven't seen them before since they've been in his boat for 2 years already. Not brand new technology for the Platinum Skaters as is being suggested.
Old 12-13-2014, 05:11 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Hours and Rebuilds

Originally Posted by FREEDOM US1
Bad MOFOs
Is there any information yet on the hours these engines can be run before rebuilds. How about reliability.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.