*** Looking for GLADIATOR for sale*** >

*** Looking for GLADIATOR for sale***

Notices

*** Looking for GLADIATOR for sale***

Old 12-15-2014, 01:23 PM
Registered

Received 32 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by Relaxing
Are you telling me you don't like the dime store stickers that read ( The Race Never Stops ) all over the Sunsation's.
Hey now. That's a hasty generalization if I've ever seen one.

Leave the Sunsation guys out of it. I don't think I've ever seen an owner "bash" another brand. We are loyal to our brand just as others are to theirs!

I could have purchased any of the brands that have been discussed but my boat appealed to me so I bought it and I love it.

Why can't we all just get along?
Old 12-15-2014, 06:58 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by CrownLPX
Hey now. That's a hasty generalization if I've ever seen one.

Leave the Sunsation guys out of it. I don't think I've ever seen an owner "bash" another brand. We are loyal to our brand just as others are to theirs!

I could have purchased any of the brands that have been discussed but my boat appealed to me so I bought it and I love it.

Why can't we all just get along?
I'm pretty sure a Sunsation owner started the bashing of another brand. I only brought up a specific part that he didn't seem to like about yours and other brands. With that said, I'm not bashing your boat about its handling and everything else he seems to dislike about Cigarette's. I simply brought up the non stop stickers I see on some Sunsations. I know people who own Sunsations and some people that worked for them, and they'll be the first to agree with me.

I don't care what kind of boat someone wants to buy, and its non of my business. I'm certainly not going to start bashing it just because I don't like it!!!
Old 12-15-2014, 07:24 PM
Registered

Received 228 Likes on 77 Posts

Originally Posted by caseyh
yep its winter!
at least its not my thread
Old 12-15-2014, 07:25 PM
Registered

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Marginmn
That thing is a work of Art!
+1!!

Ktron's Glad is sweet too. 2 different price points though.
Old 12-16-2014, 06:57 AM
Registered

Received 108 Likes on 65 Posts

I don't think anyone should be whipping the wheel around in any step bottom boat, its just asking for trouble. THEY ALL CAN BE DANGEROUS. Its pretty well know at this point that any step boat will spin out in a sharp high speed turn. There are people that become comfortable with turning there boat on a dime, and that makes me nervous. I personally know of a Top Gun( yes, with all the 87 logos) that had spun last summer at 80+ MPH. The owner said he had done the exact same turn many many times in the past and didn't think twice about it. Just so happens, THIS TIME the boat decided to hook and spin.... throwing everyone out. Luckily, everyone was ok. SUNSATION,Cigarette, OL, Fountain......all can spin. It really has nothing to do with all the logos.
Old 12-16-2014, 06:59 AM
Registered

Received 108 Likes on 65 Posts

With that being said, Id LOVE a Gladiator and when Im back in the market for a Cigarette, I will definitely consider one.
Old 12-16-2014, 07:03 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 87 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by Jupiter Sunsation
A. Percentages of accidents vs. production numbers make it a valid point.
B. New hull changes don't apply for a Gladiator argument since they still have the "old bottom"
C. I just add Sunsation to the "spin argument" since that would be someone's instant retort (Sunsations spin also).
Actually, there was a hull change I believe in late 02. Dh's boat was the OLD design which had steps identical to the Top Gun. Cigarette moved the steps on later models.. Because of the price point, a lot of amateur boaters purchased the Gladiator because they liked the "Hot Rod" look. Unfortunately, they had no twin step experience and that is why they ran into trouble..
Old 12-16-2014, 07:05 AM
Registered

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by kreed
I don't think anyone should be whipping the wheel around in any step bottom boat, its just asking for trouble. THEY ALL CAN BE DANGEROUS. Its pretty well know at this point that any step boat will spin out in a sharp high speed turn. There are people that become comfortable with turning there boat on a dime, and that makes me nervous. I personally know of a Top Gun( yes, with all the 87 logos) that had spun last summer at 80+ MPH. The owner said he had done the exact same turn many many times in the past and didn't think twice about it. Just so happens, THIS TIME the boat decided to hook and spin.... throwing everyone out. Luckily, everyone was ok. SUNSATION,Cigarette, OL, Fountain......all can spin. It really has nothing to do with all the logos.
Well said!
I remember an OSO Member w/ a signature line that read With Speed Comes Responsibility I think that pretty much sums it up & certainly isn't brand nor model specific!
Old 12-16-2014, 08:14 AM
Registered

Received 32 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by Relaxing
I'm pretty sure a Sunsation owner started the bashing of another brand. I only brought up a specific part that he didn't seem to like about yours and other brands. With that said, I'm not bashing your boat about its handling and everything else he seems to dislike about Cigarette's. I simply brought up the non stop stickers I see on some Sunsations. I know people who own Sunsations and some people that worked for them, and they'll be the first to agree with me.

I don't care what kind of boat someone wants to buy, and its non of my business. I'm certainly not going to start bashing it just because I don't like it!!!
That's why I said people who "own" a Sunsation.

Jupiter hasn't owned a Sunsation for quite some time.

Also, I was just having fun.
Old 12-16-2014, 08:32 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 36 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by 370ss500efi
Im looking for Gladiator's that are out there for sale or could be for sale. I only see one listed at the moment.

Anyone considering selling their Gladiator?
Pm KTRON. you will not be disappointed.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.