Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
41 Apache. Running hard in the big stuff, now this is catching air. >

41 Apache. Running hard in the big stuff, now this is catching air.

Notices

41 Apache. Running hard in the big stuff, now this is catching air.

Old 12-17-2014, 10:49 PM
Registered

Received 699 Likes on 353 Posts

Originally Posted by JUPITER PULSARE
The video was shot off of South Beach, Miami Beach. People think Miami does not get waves. They are wrong. In fact, some of the best waves in the state of Florida are at South Beach during a strong cold front or tropical storm. It doesn't happen often but when it does South Beach sees some great surfing. Miami Beach is closest to the Gulf Stream and when a strong low moves off the coast of the Carolinas it sends a North Swell that squeezes between the Bahamas and Florida and zeros in at South Beach. You can see Razz running north with South Beach in the background. He's heading into a big northwest groundswell that's peaking up on the outside sandbars and reefs!
I've come from the north down and have run into nice waves.38 Top Gun loved them.had a blast that day.
Old 12-18-2014, 05:55 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Cole2534
Show us some lake Michigan footage, Fixx!

Details, please?
Here ya go

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xKPrLUCdeao

Last edited by boatme; 12-18-2014 at 05:58 AM.
Old 12-18-2014, 06:26 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

this is my favorite video on youtube,

when boats were boats. men were men. and sheep were scared.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o94ZHLXzTZM
Old 12-18-2014, 07:23 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by beaver 3
this is my favorite video on youtube,

when boats were boats. men were men. and sheep were scared.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o94ZHLXzTZM
Yes, that is a great video, particularly the bit with Warpath, I don't think there is any better footage available than that, totally breathtaking! The vid of Razz is pretty awesome as well though....

Try this one for size, if you get board, fast forward to 6.25 and watch it from there.... JH Electric/$ Marine Special, now called Warhorse.

http://youtu.be/4uvkm5kKRXs

Last edited by Ratman72; 12-18-2014 at 07:26 AM.
Old 12-18-2014, 07:33 AM
Registered

a 41 apache is my dream boat. but i know where i boat it would be the slowest thing around in its class because
the biggest we see on a regular weekend is 2's.
Old 12-18-2014, 08:57 AM
Registered

Received 590 Likes on 240 Posts

Originally Posted by beaver 3
a 41 apache is my dream boat. but i know where i boat it would be the slowest thing around in its class because
the biggest we see on a regular weekend is 2's.
that is what i just don.t understand the attraction of having a large offshore boat on a lake.

If you have never ran some Huge Glassy Swells after a big Cold Front has blown through for a couple days you haven't lived to see the true fun of owning a big offshore.
Old 12-18-2014, 09:27 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by JUPITER PULSARE
The video was shot off of South Beach, Miami Beach. People think Miami does not get waves. They are wrong. In fact, some of the best waves in the state of Florida are at South Beach during a strong cold front or tropical storm. It doesn't happen often but when it does South Beach sees some great surfing. Miami Beach is closest to the Gulf Stream and when a strong low moves off the coast of the Carolinas it sends a North Swell that squeezes between the Bahamas and Florida and zeros in at South Beach. You can see Razz running north with South Beach in the background. He's heading into a big northwest groundswell that's peaking up on the outside sandbars and reefs!
I was stuck working building a Walmart country store in coral gables and we used to go down to Deerfield bch pier a lot after work. Not that being stuck in south fla was a bad thing. One of these fronts you speak of was rolling through but being a few miles inland we thought nothing of it. When we got to the pier we though we were in a surf movie. They were absolutely perfect glassy tubes with 3 to 4 feet over the top of your head waves. Never seen anything like it. It was beautiful. I could only imagine the valleys between the waves that were offshore.
Old 12-18-2014, 01:52 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

How about this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BUnbmh16_2o
Old 12-18-2014, 01:54 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

here is another video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=niwjMgDl02k
Old 12-18-2014, 02:06 PM
Registered

Received 38 Likes on 27 Posts

Boatme , great video but you can't compare that to the first video of RAZZ running in the ocean . The Chief runs hard but the Razz Apache is cataching serious air . I live in Toronto and boat on lake Ontario and I have nevere aired my flat deck out the way those guys were flying that 41 !
RG.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.