Old 12-16-2014, 01:57 PM
Registered

Received 341 Likes on 119 Posts

Can't wait to see it. Congrats.
Old 12-16-2014, 02:00 PM
Registered

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by 4mulafastech
Congrats! Looking forward to seeing the build progress. Thanks for sharing.

So it's NASCAT to NASCON?
Very possible, pictured is my brothers NASCAM a 67 Camaro on a NASCAR chassis
Attached Thumbnails From Cat to Console, a Nor-Tech CC is in my Future-nascam1.jpg   From Cat to Console, a Nor-Tech CC is in my Future-nascam2.jpg  
Old 12-16-2014, 02:17 PM
Drive to arrive alive!!!
Platinum Member

Received 397 Likes on 124 Posts

Congrat's on the center console!!! You'll love it and I'm sure Terry will take care of you every step of the way. My two cents for what its worth is stay away from matte paint. You can't clean it(easily), wax it, or touch it up. It looks cool, but it's been a pain in the a$$ on my Cig.
Old 12-16-2014, 02:21 PM
Registered

Received 258 Likes on 149 Posts

Originally Posted by NASCAT
Very possible, pictured is my brothers NASCAM a 67 Camaro on a NASCAR chassis

Damn, now that is a very cool car/project. Bet it is a blast to drive.
Old 12-16-2014, 03:08 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by WARPARTY36
Congrat's on the center console!!! You'll love it and I'm sure Terry will take care of you every step of the way. My two cents for what its worth is stay away from matte paint. You can't clean it(easily), wax it, or touch it up. It looks cool, but it's been a pain in the a$$ on my Cig.
I appreciate the feedback Bubba, here we refer to it as matte or satin, in essence it's a base coat black w/ a non-glare type clear coat so it's still smooth, can be cleaned & cared for. Several auto manufacturers offered cars in the finish I'm speaking of. I've seen several BMW M series cars in it.
Old 12-16-2014, 03:52 PM
Registered

Received 94 Likes on 22 Posts

So what made you want to switch from the cat?

Hows your bro's car working out? He was saying he had a bunch of issues to work out. Has he got it sorted?
Old 12-16-2014, 03:56 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 16 Likes on 5 Posts

Congrats on the purchase, they build a great boat. Looking forward to following the thread.
Old 12-16-2014, 04:06 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

The plastic rubrail w/ the steel insert seems like it more for looks than purpose on the nortechs,,,, congratulations on your new boat
Old 12-16-2014, 09:26 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This one is gorgeous, Congrats!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rSmjvQadUm4

Last edited by Pete280; 12-16-2014 at 09:29 PM.
Old 12-16-2014, 09:45 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by pullmytrigger
So what made you want to switch from the cat?

Hows your bro's car working out? He was saying he had a bunch of issues to work out. Has he got it sorted?
Basically I just wasn't getting the use out of the skater. My 2 best boating buddies both had their 1st child, work required more of my time, no one could get the time off to attend events w/ me or they could only fly in so that meant I had to do all the towing solo, there are 2 local lakes but let's face it the Skater wasn't a raft up boat, I got tired of the small cockpit, no ability to get out of the sun & or basic creature comforts. Basically the cat didn't meet my needs & my lifestyle wasn't a good fit for owning just one boat & it being a cat. I spoke w/ OSO member Orthobaumrecently & he said he uses his cat to go for breakfast or an occasional blast down the lake & the cruiser to get out and relax w/ the family. Unfortunately for me I only had one option & that option simply didn't jive w/ my change in boating style / needs. The Skater was a great boat & I enjoyed some great rides in it but as I stated previously in this thread unless I nail the Powerball #'s I'm pretty much going to be a 1 boat, boat owner.

My brother recently relocated to NC & also works at HMS. Over the past 18 mos he's basically worked his way from bumper to bumper addressing most of the items that were not to his liking or lacking the attention to detail he was in search of. Overall I think he's pleased w/ the car & is anxious to get here ASAP where he can enjoy it much more as well as attend new events w/ it.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.