Notices

From Cat to Console, a Nor-Tech CC is in my Future

Old 12-16-2014, 09:52 PM
Registered

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Pete280
This one is gorgeous, Congrats!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rSmjvQadUm4
I thought I'd seen every NT 340 vid out there until you shared this one, I see it was just recorded last week.
SWEET, thanks for sharing, boat looks awesome at speed.
Old 12-17-2014, 05:53 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The guy's name is Propbender on The Hull Truth, I think he is a dealer out of Alabama, he has built a couple 39's.
Old 12-17-2014, 05:59 AM
Registered

That would be Grander Marine.
I stumble across lots of links that lead to TheHullTruth when surfing the net but thats not a site I've really frequented or surfed much.
Old 12-17-2014, 06:47 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 54 Likes on 26 Posts

Nascat, What made you go with your boat and not the 344 GT?
Old 12-17-2014, 08:10 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by wananewboat
Nascat, What made you go with your boat and not the 344 GT?
Funny you should mention b/c I was interested in that model & some of the differences but after researching further it was more costly & I think it was going to paint me into a corner from a resale perspective.

Here's a link to an OSO Classified of a 344GT w/ many pics from different angles so you can better understand my concerns.
http://www.offshoreonly.com/classifi...o53724-en.html

I really liked the highback seats but when you go w/ the 2 rows you'll notice that there's a center divider & that there's barely any room in front of the fixed rear bench. To me it looks like it would feel very cramped. The hardtop structure is very different as is the overall size of the GT top, it's smaller but I'm told you can opt for the standard size hardtop but I've not seen one. The highback seats have power drop out bottoms which make them more expensive. You also loose the cooler or it gets relocated but I don't see it in any of these pictures.

I definitely liked the sportier look, thought it would definitely be more poker run worthy but didn't like the added expense, loss of space & the fact it made the boat more single purpose. Personally I don't plan to have 14 friends out on my boat every weekend (heck I don't know that I even have that many friends), my local lake for just getting out on any given weekday afternoon, evening or weekend isn't that large to be running wide open & crushing waves, I plan to do more coastal & ICW leisurely type boating, I prefer the the roominess of the std 340 cockpit (rear of the helm) but also the modified bow area I opted for from a social & comfort aspect (it was a must have). If I built a GT w/ the tighter cockpit & modified bow seating I think I would have regretted it both personally & at the time of resale. A Bahamas run is definitely on my bucket list which I think the GT suits perfectly but again I didn't want to build my boat around 1 or 2 events having just exited a very single purpose boat.

I included one overhead shot of a 340 built w/o the hardtop to give you an idea of the layout in the std 340. The Frigid Rigid cooler located behind the helm seating slides back towards the stern offering you the ability to sit facing forward or face to face w/ the rear bench when slid forward.

That was my reasoning but for others depending on how they plan to use the boat, where & whether they own multiple boats they may feel differently. As I mentioned earlier on in this Thread John Kray of Sportboats Marine worked w/ Nor-Tech to come up w/ that GT concept & he has sold several of that model.

PS- I believe all 344GT's built to date are quad engine boats, once again a price point item for me that didn't register real high on my list.
Attached Thumbnails From Cat to Console, a Nor-Tech CC is in my Future-53724_4.jpg   From Cat to Console, a Nor-Tech CC is in my Future-4292004_20130304143845387_1_large.jpg   From Cat to Console, a Nor-Tech CC is in my Future-l_1910.jpg  

From Cat to Console, a Nor-Tech CC is in my Future-gt-seats.jpg   From Cat to Console, a Nor-Tech CC is in my Future-download.jpg  

Last edited by NASCAT; 12-17-2014 at 08:26 AM.
Old 12-17-2014, 08:18 AM
Registered

This boat sparked several ideas for me including the option to end up somewhere in between a std 340 Sport & the 344GT. It was built w/ the power GT seats at the helm, standard size hardtop, still accommodated the cooler & left plenty of room for the fixed rear bench. Not sure how many have seen this 1 of a kind layout to date but I think it will be a viable option for those looking for a 340 Sport / 344GT hybrid. Besides cost I prioritized the triple bolster center helm seating over the dual & loss of 1 wind protected seat.

This boat turned out really nice considering it incorporated many firsts (hybrid helm seating, contoured lounger & added bow bench seating)

Now you have a better idea of what Matt Trulio meant when he said I did my homework. I may not have spec'd out my build like some of you would have but there's probably not a NT 340 out there I haven't seen or that hasn't come up in conversation.
Attached Thumbnails From Cat to Console, a Nor-Tech CC is in my Future-blue-340-transom.jpg   From Cat to Console, a Nor-Tech CC is in my Future-blue-340.jpg   From Cat to Console, a Nor-Tech CC is in my Future-blue-340-bow-seating.jpg  

From Cat to Console, a Nor-Tech CC is in my Future-blue-340-lounger.jpg  

Last edited by NASCAT; 12-17-2014 at 08:24 AM.
Old 12-17-2014, 10:37 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Great Thread, Great Boat.
Good luck to you and HMS in 2015!!!

Maybe use the Nor-Tech logo and font only with NAS-TECH

Keep the pics coming please. Jolley
Old 12-17-2014, 11:00 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Jolley
Great Thread, Great Boat.
Good luck to you and HMS in 2015!!!

Maybe use the Nor-Tech logo and font only with NAS-TECH

Keep the pics coming please. Jolley
Thanks for the 2015 well wishes as well as your support of the HMS teams.

I sort of like that Nas-Tech concept!!

PS- if you you aren't satisfied w/ the # of pics posted please communicate & direct your dissatisfaction to Terry Sobo of Nor-Tech @ 1-800-555-1212 I only have so many & rely on he & Sportboat Marine for my updates!!

All kidding aside Nor-Tech & Sportboat Marine have been excellent to work with so I have every confidence that they will not disappoint!!

Last edited by NASCAT; 12-17-2014 at 11:06 AM.
Old 12-17-2014, 12:16 PM
Registered

I best be invited on the pick up trip and maiden voyage (unless of course we are snowmobiling or Blake is snowcross racing)! But rest assured Mahieu Motorsports will be down this summer! Hope to you see you soon my friend.
Old 12-17-2014, 12:19 PM
Registered

Nobody, I mean NOBODY is more detail oriented leaving no stone unturned at least 10 times than you my friend!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.