Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Travel Restrictions To Cuba Being Eased! >

Travel Restrictions To Cuba Being Eased!

Notices

Travel Restrictions To Cuba Being Eased!

Old 12-19-2014, 06:00 PM
Registered

Received 730 Likes on 327 Posts

Originally Posted by Jupiter Sunsation
Cuba isn't ready for thousands of tourists.......they simply don't have the capacity for rooms/restaurants/entertainment.......not sure Vegas is sweating Cuba's open borders!

I was thinking down the road a number of years if it opens and as it gets popular and growth occurs.
Old 12-19-2014, 06:45 PM
Registered

Received 883 Likes on 479 Posts

Originally Posted by Interceptor
I was thinking down the road a number of years if it opens and as it gets popular and growth occurs.
oh ok.....I misunderstood you.

I think big money investment in Cuba will be slow for a while due to the uncertainty of dealing with the Castros. Plenty of Bahamian developments have taken years to complete with willing govt. participation. Cuba will be dicey in my opinion......
Old 12-23-2014, 08:29 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

NJ wants Tupac's Aunt
http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j...82001339,d.cWc

Last edited by Comanche3Six; 12-23-2014 at 09:16 PM.
Old 12-25-2014, 12:56 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have some friends that visited Cuba on a privately sport fish back about tens years ago. The stories and pictures made me excited for this day. Can't wait to drink rum, fish and dive there. Blame Obama , he is ruining us , blah blah blah. I dont love him either but the simple fact is the embargo hasn't worked for 50 yrs and time to try something new. All his fault and he is purposely ruining us? Come on, all politicians /presidents included make decisions in hindsight that are not wise. How's those weapons of mass destruction workin out for you? My political views are based on the person and not the R or D. Dictator and communist excuse is bull****. We trade everyday with china and it is probably one of the most corrupt country in the world. It's simply time to try something new, 5 decades was too long , it did nothing good for this country , let's try plan B .
Old 12-25-2014, 02:24 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Wildman_grafix
We have been supporting China's communism for more then 30 years, I for one would worry about them a lot more then a little country like Cuba.

Besides once their people see what capitalism is like how long you think their current system will last?
I feel ours is close to a communist government right now. While we are hoping that the Cuban government goes toward capitalism we are doing nothing to stop ours from going down the toilet.
Old 01-13-2015, 05:17 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by raceboat rus
For a long time I have heard some rumors that Mr. Obama was going to move torward the normalization of relations with Cuba , and just this week the rumors that I have been hearing about for years are quickly coming to pass. I at this time have a giant mix of feeling over this situation . This is not what I want touch upon on this forum. I would like to propose that when the oppertunities makes itself available to travel there . Lets do that . As Of yet travel to Cuba by Americans is limited . When the travel restrictions are lifted let go there . I propose that we have a Powerboat run to Cuba . To celebrate Rum drinks Cigars and Salsa music dancing till we can not stand up anymore . This is not a political statement , it is a celebration . What ever it takes to make this powerboat run happen please count me onboard .
So get ready Havana here we come . This is my 2015 project to jet this Idea off the ground . I have a few Ideas as how to make this happen . I may be wrong in my Idea , but research starts tomorrow. I invite you to forward me some positive input

My offer still stand if you are ever in Orlando give me a call and I will buy you lunch , except now it is Cuban food .
Im in for it i live in kissimmee FL. i have a 30 ft catamaran im willing make that trip to cuba and have some fun ;-) yeah lets make it a poker run ;-)