Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Grand Haven Results? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/32121-grand-haven-results.html)

Rambunctious 09-03-2002 08:40 AM

just glad I was on the up river side of the tow rope again Cord:D

Our "seats" were awesome too. we were race patrol just after the dog leg. Cat can do ran wide and so close to us we could feel the engines in our chest as they passed. We didn't do anything all day but troll back and forth and drift. the coast guard aux was busy moving people out and we were splitting the distance between the spectators and the race boats. out in our own front row world with only 20 other race patrol boats doing the same!!!!! volunteer next year! it is easy, fun. and best seats in the house!!!!

of course, i bought two video tapes, charged the battery, put the video camera in the boat, took it back out to walk the pits, and then LEFT IT IN THE TRUCK!!!!!!!:mad: argggggggg. oh well, good memories.

what about the Holland launch???

Reindl Powerboats 09-03-2002 09:07 AM

Candyman,

Great PICS! Did you get any PICS of the red One Design boat that won the race and the entire Great Lakes Silver Cup Series?? R-Power was the name and it was driven by a Grand Haven local. Congrats to all, the race was awesome!

www.reindlpowerboats.com

candyman35 09-03-2002 09:31 AM

1 Attachment(s)
MrOffshore,
I'm using an Olympus C-2100. It is a 2.3 Megapixel with a 10x zoom. It was discontinued a few months ago with no replacement announced. :confused: I am still learning about the camera. These pictures were taken basically point and shoot.

Reindl Powerboats,
The above description is why I haven't posted any pictures of the Bat boat. There isn't enough surface area to lock on for the auto focus. I should have locked the camera into infinity. These are the shots I did get. I'm not real happy with them. :(

Dan

candyman35 09-03-2002 09:32 AM

1 Attachment(s)
:D

candyman35 09-03-2002 10:08 PM

MrOffshore,
Thanks for the compliment. I pan the image I want to shoot. There is that annoying delay from the time you take the picture till it shoots the shot. I press the button half way down for the auto focus to adjust and wait for the angle I want the shot. I actually need to read the manual. :eek: It couldn't hurt.

The Bat boat is so close to the water the camera wasn't able to focus in on it. That is why the picture is so fuzzy. Cat Can Do had a lot more surface area for the camera to fix on. There is a way to lock the camera into infinity. That would have helped out.

Sorry the other boat didn't make it on the course. I ran next to you guys on the Indy Poker Run earlier in the summer. It is amazing to see the Hydrodynamics of Reindl boats in action. They look like a blast to drive. If it wasn't for tuition bills this year I'd have given one a try.:(
Maybe in a couple of years I'll get a chance
Dan

samglo 09-05-2002 06:27 PM

Great pics, Candyman! Would you be willing to email any pictures you have of the Cat Can Do boats (the original 24' (now Bring It On #P3-6), the 28', or the 40') and the Baker Engineering boat? My email is [email protected] . I was watching the race from shore, but wasn't able to get many decent pics b/c of the camera I was using.

Cherie, Marc, and the rest of the GLSCS put on a great race--both for the racers and the viewers. It was very cool how close the boats got to the shore and the spectator boats!

Waterfoul-
The 111 Baker Engineering boat was running great. That boat is getting FAST! The motors ran perfectly, but one of the fuel pumps puked during the race. It doesn't have redundant pumps like the 40' (yet).

I didn't know about any mechanical problems with the 40' (other than what happened on Saturday). I'll have to find out more...

Sam

SYNERGYN 09-05-2002 07:09 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Dan,
Thanks for the photo posting tips......here goes......Testing 1,2 3,

So why can't a plane go through the water if a boat can fly through the air? Why do they call it Hydroplane?

SYNERGYN 09-05-2002 07:28 PM

Grand Haven

1 Attachment(s)
Do these guys wear Depends?

I would.

SYNERGYN 09-05-2002 07:39 PM

Grand Haven

1 Attachment(s)
They came pretty close to the beach too..........way cool

candyman35 09-06-2002 12:16 AM

SYNERGYN,
Great shots. I can't believe Cat Can Do came so close to shore. It looks like the shoreline had great viewing. Got any more?

Samglo,
Which shots do you want?
Dan