Banned

Received 41 Likes on 35 Posts

http://www.fuel-testers.com/gasoline...hanol_E10.html

Some info about water / fuel octane.
Old 12-19-2014, 01:01 AM
Registered

Received 570 Likes on 237 Posts

Originally Posted by ICDEDPPL
It`s been so tempting not to fill up both the tanks full. Pretty common for a 9 month layup here in the midwest, I don`t go WOT till I put some fresh stuff in there but I don`t think the fuel falls apart as much as some might think, runs just fine after winter.
Tommy are you saying you think the prices will stay low for a while? I thought the saudis were trying to squeeze the small US producers out of the market. ...then price goes up again, probably more expensive then before with those companies out of business.

Race gas is still $7/gallon.
Its going to take a long term squeeze to get the US fully out of the market like the Saudis want,

Sure we are stacking,drydocking and laying off right now and that is at only 60 a barrel.

The Saudis will run it down to 40. Hell they can run it to what ever they want. Nobody can bring oil out of the ground as cheap and reliably as them right now.

If i was them and had control of the free oil market i would use all my remaining cash assets to control the cash market.

This is going to be a long haul.

I would punch them out to 598s and go to triples instead of twins you will be going 1 1/2 times faster for the same cost as last summer

Last edited by tommymonza; 12-19-2014 at 01:03 AM.
Old 12-19-2014, 06:13 AM
Registered

Received 607 Likes on 275 Posts

But the price always rises due to "increased demand" and "limited refinery capacity" in the summer. I foresee the price going back up in the spring. Now where can I get a bunch of 50 gallon barrels? I'l be bringing my boat home from the shop in about a week and will fill the now empty gas tank (50 gallons). I will be boating again in 3 1/2 months. The first times out are always on the small lake until the Great ones warm up more so not running as hard.
Old 12-19-2014, 06:58 AM
Registered

Received 57 Likes on 27 Posts

What about 100LL?
Old 12-19-2014, 07:26 AM
Registered

Received 885 Likes on 480 Posts

Storing gas in large quantities in a residential area is stupid and probably illegal. Enjoy the savings now in your cars/trucks and figure the savings now will translate to more "boat gas" purchasing power even if the price rises again. Save $20-30 a week now until May (6 months X $80-120 = $480-720) and you have a tank or two of "free gas" with the savings.
Old 12-19-2014, 07:41 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Jupiter Sunsation
Storing gas in large quantities in a residential area is stupid and probably illegal. Enjoy the savings now in your cars/trucks and figure the savings now will translate to more "boat gas" purchasing power even if the price rises again. Save $20-30 a week now until May (6 months X $80-120 = $480-720) and you have a tank or two of "free gas" with the savings.
Yes,... But we will do that anyway... So a couple hundred gallons of stored fuel would net another free tank of boat gas hahahahahaha
Old 12-19-2014, 07:57 AM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by ttuton
What about 100LL?
100LL is down $2.00+ per gallon on my neck of the woods. Currently around $3.30/gal. Too bad I sold the plane 2 months ago. I like to run 93/100LL at a 50/50 in the cars and will probably add some to the Baja in the spring if prices stay this low. Hell it's $.50 cheaper than I was paying for 93 last year.
Old 12-19-2014, 08:00 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I hate to be "That guy" but those platsic totes are not DOT approed for flammable liquid transport. I doubt you would be caught, but if they wanted to someone could make your day really miserable...
Old 12-19-2014, 08:02 AM
Registered

Received 157 Likes on 70 Posts

Originally Posted by thirdchildhood
But the price always rises due to "increased demand" and "limited refinery capacity" in the summer. I foresee the price going back up in the spring. Now where can I get a bunch of 50 gallon barrels? I'l be bringing my boat home from the shop in about a week and will fill the now empty gas tank (50 gallons). I will be boating again in 3 1/2 months. The first times out are always on the small lake until the Great ones warm up more so not running as hard.
Boating in mi in March ? No thanks
Old 12-19-2014, 08:37 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was brought up to believe that when putting your boat up for the winter it was best to top off your tank to eliminate the potential air space from condensation. Sounds like a mistake if the fuel degrades over time. I'm fortunate enough to have ethanol free premium nearby, and have heated storage, but how many on here leave their tanks full vs. empty during storage?

Plus, I needed to get my post count into double digits...... woo-hoo.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.