Notices

Thru Hull exhaust Mock Up

Old 12-18-2014, 11:58 PM
BUP
Banned

Received 41 Likes on 35 Posts
Default Thru Hull exhaust Mock Up

Will try to make this short. Have a customer in another country buy some Mercruiser OEM parts and OEM 496 exhaust manifolds / risers off of me. He is refurbing a boat and now needs to mock all the exhaust and thru hulls in a staggered app.. In our emails I explained how we did it using different assortments of rigid ducking, rigid dryer hoses, wet rigid exhaust hose, trident exhaust turns and PVC correct diameters cuts to lengths along with hose clamps plus numbered & arrowed all the pieces joined together for the mock up to have the exhaust system set up fabbed correctly to fit and clear everything.

Anyways I had pics of mocks up from singles to staggered engines exhaust set ups that we did in the past but can not find them. I want to email pics so he can understand exactly what I am talking about.

I would think up here this mock up is nothing new for laying out exhaust configurations especially in staggered engine apps. I did a search and could not find any info nor pics of this. I know something has to be up here showing or a thread about mock up. I can not find even one pic. Does anyone have pics of examples what I am referring to about mock up to send to him. Thanks for the help if possible.

Last edited by BUP; 12-19-2014 at 12:04 AM.
Old 12-19-2014, 07:55 AM
Registered

Received 51 Likes on 27 Posts

This pic is of the offset between my lightnings and the oem t.h.'s.
I had to make the down pipes.

I started with some 45*'s and trimmed the ends to get the riser into alignment. Then tacked them into place.

I made sure I could get them out without loosening the headers.

I fit up some 5" jackets out of some 45*'s and welded those up centered. Of course I left those long so I could trim them to fit tight.

Here's them in, not a real good pic, but you can see the one.

Don't know if this is helps, but it can't hurt.
Old 12-19-2014, 07:59 AM
Registered

Received 51 Likes on 27 Posts

I am lucky enough to have these guys 15 minutes away. I got all my stuff there for like $80. I have extra pipe out of it too. I got bends that weren't quite right for discount.

http://www.woolfaircraft.com/index.html
Old 12-19-2014, 08:55 AM
Registered

Received 177 Likes on 114 Posts

I believe the stainless marine web site has photos and explinations on their web under custom exhaust installations.
Hope this helps.
Merry christmas all
Old 12-19-2014, 12:41 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 84 Likes on 31 Posts

CMI - This should give you everything you need.

http://www.custommarine.com/tailpipes/index.php
Old 12-19-2014, 03:55 PM
BUP
Banned

Thanks for the replies. I have search now for a while and this is what I found. Scroll down and you will see the PVC tubing for mock up what I do as well so that you can take the configuration and have it fabbed into what is needed to complete your exhaust system.

Does anyone up here have pics mocking up for staggered motors running all the back to the transom ? I am sure that I AM NOT the only one doing this form of mock up especially for staggered engines. My problem is trying to get this customer from another country to understand exactly what I'm talking. My idea is pictures are worth a thousand words no matter the language instead of me trying to explain how to mock this up and the materials used like in the photo's from the link below.

Anyone have other pics or posts up here. I could not find anything. Thanks for all the help.

http://www.performanceboats.com/v-dr...t-mock-up.html
Old 12-19-2014, 04:09 PM
BUP
Banned

If this helps others as well.

http://www.custommarine.com/pdf_docs...ngleengine.pdf
Old 12-19-2014, 09:03 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I bought flexes this were unable fairly right price reduction.