new stereo system recommendations >

new stereo system recommendations

Notices

new stereo system recommendations

Old 12-19-2014, 07:46 PM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts
Default new stereo system recommendations

I am upgrading the stereo system in the Skater. Any recommendations? Fusion 700 series vs Clarion CMD8? Thoughts from anyone with experience highly appreciated.

Thanks
Old 12-19-2014, 08:19 PM
Registered

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

Fusion has more options and zones. Also can interface it to the Navigation display, Garmin, Furuno, Raymarine and Simrad all work.
It is NMEA2000 also.
Old 12-29-2014, 08:44 AM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

With the Fusion being interfaced with the NMEA 2000, can you control it from the Nav Display or is it just displayed on the screen? I'm looking at upgrading my stereo and going to a glass cockpit with a couple Garmin 741s.
Old 12-29-2014, 11:21 AM
Registered

Received 29 Likes on 11 Posts

Your Garmin would be like a kick ass remote control. If you go that route you can use the Garmin Meteor receiver.
Old 12-29-2014, 05:23 PM
Registered

Be careful with the Meteor. It is limited zone controls. The functions on the Garmin are good. However it is sometimes nice to be able to use the stereo without turning on the GPS too.
Old 12-29-2014, 06:15 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

The connectivity of the Fusion is nice, but I do not think they sound that great and making zone volume, bass, treble adjustments is cumbersome. If that isn't something you do very often then might be ok for you. Of those two I like the clarion better.

I am removing my clarion CMD5 and installing one of these since I only ever listen to music from my iPhone or iPad through bluetooth. https://wetsounds.com/pages/products/WS-420BT.html A lot more adjustability and control and the knobs are right at my fingertips for easy adjustments no menus to wade through.
Old 12-29-2014, 08:40 PM
Registered

Received 29 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Double Rigged
Be careful with the Meteor. It is limited zone controls. The functions on the Garmin are good. However it is sometimes nice to be able to use the stereo without turning on the GPS too.
He's in a Skater, how many zones are there needed? Not like he's got an open bow or something.
Old 12-29-2014, 10:39 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

What is this Fusion you guys are speaking of?
Old 12-30-2014, 06:26 AM
Registered

They currently offer two versions. MS-ip700i and MS-av700i. New models to be released in Feb sometime. They will have a new black box unit with with more features, zones and options to go along with the new units that will all get upgrades as well. The current black box unit is a the RA205 which is the same as the Garmin branded Meteor. For those who do not know Garmin bought Fusion 6mo ago.
There are no plans to kill the Fusion brand though. We have installed a lot of Clarion and now Fusion over the years. Both are nice units but if you want more intregration into the Nav Displays and options the Fusion wins hands down. Sound quality is personal preference. Fusion out sells Clarion out my company 20 to 1.
Old 12-30-2014, 11:05 AM
Registered

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

I have the Fusion MS-ip700i in my Skater and love it. Cool to display Vessel View data on it and on the remote for back seat passengers. In fact, I use the controls on the remote (mounted facing the stern on the center console) to control the unit from the driver's seat. Sound is good with an amp. The zones are nice to set volume in front/back speakers and to set a separate zone volume for intercom headsets!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.