Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

can some one put the link back up -- all I can see are two --

thanks

3pointstar
Old 12-24-2014, 05:54 AM
SB
Registered

Received 3,115 Likes on 1,402 Posts

Don't worry about it .You are not missing anything. A few think you are. Kind of boring video other than a real nice boat.
Old 12-24-2014, 07:38 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 246 Likes on 112 Posts

Originally Posted by Flightplan
I bet the cruiser at 2:44 doesn't give a rats a$$ how many boats the driver has or has not owned.

Passing at 50' off the stern of a MUCH slower vessel in a tight channel isn't what I would call safe boating.

Does owning a $500k OL give someone the right to put innocents in danger? No.

Slow the phuk down if you are putting others at risk.

We should be our brothers keeper and control our own. If we don't, Uncle Sam will.
I understand your position, respect your opinion; HOWEVER, I completely disagree with it. That is the beauty of this website, multiple people can watch the same video have completely different perspectives on how to operate a boat. I think that video shows an owner/driver enjoying his boat, nothing more, nothing less. As for the other boaters he passes, so what, that is boating. If a small boat was anchored in the channel, then the operator needs to give a wide berth, or slow down, we are responsible for our wake, but that factual basis does not exist in this video.

I have zero issues with his operation of that boat. I have been in hot-rod boats since the day I was born, my father had a 16' Carlson tunnel boat with a Mercury BP 125 back in 1965-1970, and all these other boats from 1970-2014, Donzi's, Cigarette, Pantera, Magnum, and 90+ mph 34' Phantom , and I drove them all starting at six years of age and on, and owned Boston Whalers and a Donzi too (myself) so I have a little experience under my belt, not that makes an expert, nor do I know it all, but the way I see it, that boat owner operated his boat just fine, made a turn without a problem based on my thousands upon thousands of hours of boating experience, many as driver, some as a navigator/passenger without accident. Then again what the f*ck do I know, I am just another guy on this site, not better, not worse, just an equal.

That is my perspective, I understand your position, I respectfully disagree, Merry Christmas!

PS I really think that the only reason that this thread has such string opinions, and 7 pages after two days of being up is that people are bored at work, bored at home, it is the pre-Christmas boredom, nothing to do syndrome. I flew to Florida on Sunday, down here visiting my mother for the holiday, in southwest Florida (Rotonda) no boat to use, this is worse torture a boater can through all of this water to go boating, no boat, this is just torture. I am not buying my mother a boat, hell I need a boat!

Last edited by Smarty; 12-24-2014 at 07:47 AM.