looking for info on buying a boat overseas >

looking for info on buying a boat overseas

Notices

looking for info on buying a boat overseas

Old 12-29-2014, 11:09 AM
Racer
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Most commerical banks will issue an "International Letter of Credit" it is a widely except method of international payment. Basically an escrow with the bank. When I sold mine overseas, I took the boat to the ship. The receipt for leaving the boat with the shipper was emailed to the buyer from the shipper and I sent a video of the boat in the shipping yard with props and miscellous.. He then wired the remaining balance. This was fine with me because the ship was not to sail for several days.
Old 12-29-2014, 01:28 PM
Racer
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by GeeterB
With all the members on this board....and all the marinas in the us...I would think you could find a boat stateside that you could inspect in person and purchase. If you are going strictly because of the best "deal" I think that approach is riddled with heartache.
Network and look around the us...don't get in a hurry...there are tons of boats sitting being unused in the us. Not throwing rocks, just expressing my thoughts.
Definitely not going for the best deal, but buying a boat that's not even sold in the US at this time (but should be). It's a race boat from a well known team overseas and so far have not found one person (even off the record) to say his equipment or boats are junk.

Language seems to be a problem and google translate has helped, but the boat manufacture is in Sweden, not the boat.. the boats near a port in France as they ship it to each race. I'm looking for a hull only, no power..
Old 12-29-2014, 03:21 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Rick, sent you a PM.