Notices

These gas prices!

Old 01-01-2015, 07:35 AM
Registered

Received 293 Likes on 107 Posts

All for lower gas prices , but this isn't going to turn out good , too much geo political , all the low interest loans , bonds that the shale is attached to , the banks and the bets they made with leverage...the current spending bill puts the American taxpayer on the hook again when all this derivative pops

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2014-1...t-markets.html more on the web if you look around..

we will pay for it one way or another ...

It was a fell good moment last week to gas up the Mrs. car for $29 I must say.. but that loaf of bread was up in price and sure seems like the slices shrunk 20%....
Old 01-01-2015, 08:51 AM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by HEDGEHOGER
Why is gas on the water so much more if your getting the same fuel as you are on land ?
It's usually NOT the same.... The land fuel prices being quoted are predominately 87 octane with 10% ethanol blended in, the marine fuel prices are ethanol free and generally 89-90 octane.
Old 01-01-2015, 10:49 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Speedracer29
It's usually NOT the same.... The land fuel prices being quoted are predominately 87 octane with 10% ethanol blended in, the marine fuel prices are ethanol free and generally 89-90 octane.
then explain why Diesel is $1.00 more at the marina, it should be cheaper there are no road taxes charged on off road Diesel. I mean other than the obvious explanation of because they can.
Old 01-01-2015, 11:15 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by pstorti
if the price of gas is the determining factor in whether or not you can afford to go boating or buy a boat then you can't afford a boat.
I'm probably in the can't afford a boat club.But I have 3 boats own them all.Don't have bags of cash. but do manage to put them in the water and use them as boats.And when filling the tank I like to pay less and buy land fuel since my boats are all trailer queens.
Also in the no insurance club so when my drunk ass crashes into you.............you pay.
Old 01-01-2015, 11:26 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by pstorti
then explain why Diesel is $1.00 more at the marina, it should be cheaper there are no road taxes charged on off road Diesel. I mean other than the obvious explanation of because they can.
No explanation for diesel made on my part. You can always believe the "additional transportation and storage costs" cliché... Or maybe the red dye is REALLY expensive? (Kidding, of course). But yeah, it's because they can.
I was referencing the difference between E10 (land) and real gas (marina). Real gas (90 octane) continues to be about $1.00 more per gallon at the 2 local stations that actually still sell it here.

Old 01-01-2015, 11:32 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by MichiMike
And when filling the tank I like to pay less and buy land fuel since my boats are all trailer queens.
Also in the no insurance club so when my drunk ass crashes into you.............you pay.
FYI, Perky Pantry on the west side of Tecumseh sells 100% gas, price is usually right between E10 blend and marina gas.

As for the no insurance/no fault.... My attorney says he gets the Scarab and I get whatever's left! LOL.
Old 01-01-2015, 11:45 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Speedracer29
FYI, Perky Pantry on the west side of Tecumseh sells 100% gas, price is usually right between E10 blend and marina gas.

As for the no insurance/no fault.... My attorney says he gets the Scarab and I get whatever's left! LOL.
LOL Most gas that is alcohol free is 89 90 octane.I need 92. Quit getting drunk while boating, Scarab draws attention from LEO and I'm the type to tell them to F/O.
Old 01-01-2015, 11:58 AM
Registered

Received 55 Likes on 34 Posts

Y'all can hate me. I want oil prices back up to $90 or so a barrel. It's my income. If rather pay more for fuel and be employed. Cheap gas down nothing when unemployment hits. Lol. Not to mention as someone said in a previous post this low barrel price will ultimately have disastrous results on the economy that will be felt by everyone not just oilfield workers.
Old 01-01-2015, 12:26 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by I.C.U.Lookin
Y'all can hate me. I want oil prices back up to $90 or so a barrel. It's my income. If rather pay more for fuel and be employed. Cheap gas down nothing when unemployment hits. Lol. Not to mention as someone said in a previous post this low barrel price will ultimately have disastrous results on the economy that will be felt by everyone not just oilfield workers.
The economy lol. Made it through 2008 recession. 90 barrel will be back I'm not hating.Will this put you in the "can't afford a 42' boat club"? IDK. But I am not in oil business just don't want to pay high gas prices.so your loss is my gain. Capitalism is a b!tch huh.

Last edited by MichiMike; 01-01-2015 at 12:27 PM. Reason: foul language
Old 01-01-2015, 12:57 PM
Registered

Received 55 Likes on 34 Posts

No. I can still afford it. If it stays low too long it will just start putting a lot of us out of work then no. Lol. You can lol at my economy comment watch what happens to banks if it stays too low too long. A lot of people don't relate how commodities are tied together and how deep the banks are in on this stuff.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.