Registered

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Monster Motor from Goodwin

Here is an article on a 1700 HP + motor- ENJOY

http://www.enginelabs.com/news/close...marine-engine/
Old 01-02-2015, 07:32 AM
Registered

Received 62 Likes on 36 Posts

Anyone have video of the Outerlimits running with these engines.
Old 01-02-2015, 09:48 AM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

lets see truck pull wide open 6 to 10 seconds for a pull realy close to what a boat runs and not high winding at 7000 rpm last time I looked 6000 was high in a boat and peak torgue at 5500 was close to wide open. this stuff has to to stop really lets get real this is not a long life boat motor. we all know the valve train is the weak link in a boat this valve train has probably huge rocker arms .if it is a hemi head design take look at the hemi the exhaust rocker is about 6 inches long I have my doubts wish them all the luck just my three cents worth happy new year.
Old 01-02-2015, 10:10 AM
Registered

Received 87 Likes on 49 Posts

jim,the rocker system is not the same as a chrysler hemi.this cyl head style is not a new thing,sonny lenord and others have used it for quite some time.if you look at the bore&stroke and the block bore spacing you will see it is a large engine.1300 hp on pump gas is not working this engine and will make this power at a pretty low boost level.imo this engine will have a fairly long life hour wise partially because of it,s size.i love the ls platform but imo,this engine is in a different ball park.also,this engine is out of reach price wise for most boaters.i hope to have a pair of these in my next lifetime.no way i will ever be able to afford it in this one.
Old 01-02-2015, 10:22 AM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by JIMKID Motorsports
lets see truck pull wide open 6 to 10 seconds for a pull realy close to what a boat runs and not high winding at 7000 rpm last time I looked 6000 was high in a boat and peak torgue at 5500 was close to wide open. this stuff has to to stop really lets get real this is not a long life boat motor. we all know the valve train is the weak link in a boat this valve train has probably huge rocker arms .if it is a hemi head design take look at the hemi the exhaust rocker is about 6 inches long I have my doubts wish them all the luck just my three cents worth happy new year.
The rockers aren't really gonna be the issue with these kinds of heads. It's more so the overal length of the valve and weight that's the killer. To get any kind of decent port to support a motor like this you have to raise the ports this makes for a very tall head with a tall valve.
Old 01-02-2015, 10:23 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Would love to see the highlight reel from the machining process. To make one accurately in reasonable time I'm sure the setups are are fairly complex, as well as the tooling!
Old 01-02-2015, 12:07 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Bostonirish
Anyone have video of the Outerlimits running with these engines.
The boat is from my area... I know the owner, & its fast, very fast .... when its running.
Old 01-02-2015, 05:55 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

now what do you mean when its running fill us in please
Old 01-02-2015, 06:23 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by JIMKID Motorsports
now what do you mean when its running fill us in please

The boat has had zero motor issues.. It has taken a little time to workout the cooling of the motor(pickups and strainer) Of all people I'm sure you are able to call Pete for the facts. No need to be a keyboard cowboy.. btw peak torque is 4800 which is pretty much standard
Old 01-02-2015, 06:23 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Basic concept http://goodwincompetition.com/media/p501.htm

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.