Notices

Grand Haven Races!

Old 09-02-2002, 02:42 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Grand Haven Races!

It was great to see everyone at the races. I saw a lot of board members boats that I didn't get to talk with. I tried to snap an occasional photo.

Payton, thanks for the lift to the trailer. Hope you guys make it out ok. The ramp wasn't too bad.

32Fever & Rocketman,
It was nice to meet you and your wives, Erica and Laura. Thanks for dinner. I really enjoyed running back down to Holland. You guys have a great area to go boating. I plan to take more weekends trips up your way. If you ever want to come over to the city we'll have to hook up. Maybe you can come over for an OSO run next year.

Intolerant1,
Nice to see you again. I think the lake was a little calmer this weekend than Racine was!

Red Stripe,
It was nice meeting you. It’s funny to hear my name ring out in a place I've never been to before. Hope you left some fish for the kids.

Active Thunder Todd & ConsinTracy,
It was nice to see you guys again. I finally got a shot of your boat. You were about a quarter mile out just arriving from Racine.

MIdnight Rider,
Thanks for the SLOW tour of the Lake and cove. I had no idea what was back there. The homes were beautiful. I guess I'll have to try out the Cove on a busier weekend. Next time I need to stay to the older side of the cove. Don't want to get into any trouble. When is Kris going to join the board with the rest of us Computer Geek's?

Boatme,
I saw Jacks wife and told her to say Hi. You guys put on a great show. Sorry I didn’t get to see you.

I hope I didn't forget to many. It was a great time. I need to do Coast Guard festival next year.

Dan
Attached Thumbnails Grand Haven Races!-bestrevengeoso.jpg  
Old 09-02-2002, 02:49 AM
Registered

MIdnight and his better half.
Attached Thumbnails Grand Haven Races!-midnight-krisoso.jpg  
Old 09-02-2002, 02:56 AM
Registered

The King of the Cove and his beads.
Attached Thumbnails Grand Haven Races!-midnight-beadsoso.jpg  
Old 09-02-2002, 02:59 AM
Registered

?
Attached Thumbnails Grand Haven Races!-chadsfirendscloseoso.jpg  
Old 09-02-2002, 03:11 AM
Registered

Rocketman
Attached Thumbnails Grand Haven Races!-rocketmanoso.jpg  
Old 09-02-2002, 03:13 AM
Registered

32Fever
Attached Thumbnails Grand Haven Races!-32feveroso2.jpg  

Last edited by candyman35; 09-02-2002 at 08:03 PM.
Old 09-02-2002, 09:09 AM
Registered

Received 72 Likes on 44 Posts

Candyman,

Thanks for the nice pictures. If you have more could you please post them? I really liked the shot of Todd's boat "Best Revenge" with the big sand dunes in the background--what a gorgeous shot!

Sorry I missed you guys again. I did come over to Grand Haven on Saturday around dusk with some friends from Michigan City---his boat isn't running right now either. I saw a few guys I knew, Blue Moon (30'Checkmate), Todd Hartigh (28' Advantage), Red Stripe, Midnight Rider, Dale and his 38'Cougar. I saw Joe with Audacity coming in, but it was dark. We left around 11:15 or so. I wasn't able to come back on Sunday. Sounds like an enjoyable time. Saw A LOT of boats. Hopefully, mine will be running by next weekend for Hardy----we'll see.
Old 09-02-2002, 09:34 AM
Gone Fishin'
Charter Member

Hey 32Fever, is your boat sinking????

Saw a lot of you guys on the water yesterday. MacDad260 and I were anchored at the exit of turn one pretty close to the course. A pretty good seat!!!! Unfortunatly I never made it back to Spring Lake....sucked up some sand on the beach in the river and thought it best to just put it on the trailer and check everything over back at home this week rather than chance any major heat related issues. As of right now nothing seems bad except that I need new intake gaskets (they got pretty hot and one is now leaking exhaust out). Never smelled anything like it was burning, no burned rubber smell, no hot oil smell, didn't let it run long enough to really hurt anything.

Thanks Rambunctious for the help back to the ramp!!! That's 2 I owe you!!
Old 09-02-2002, 09:07 PM
Charter Member #927
Charter Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It sure was a great weekend, Even if it did end up a little soggy.

Candyman, glad I could help with the ride. I pulled out today, in the rain, at the Yacht club ramp, right beside Eldean's. It wasn't as steep, but I had to have my bumper just about over the water to get my trailer deep enough. I don't think it would've worked for you with that stepped bottom.

32Fever and Rocketman, Nice to meet you guys. Awesome boats. Sorry we couldn't talk longer. Everyone back at the hotel was waiting on us to go eat.

MrGadgets, we met in the channel. Nice Checkmate. We should all put our screen names on the back of our boats. It would make it easier.
We Anchored for the race near Waterfoul and macdad260, and had Quiet Storm on the other side. I'll post those pics of you guys soon.

Boatme, and Sherry I think that was your name. Great show!! I didn't get to see you guys, I sure you had plenty to do.

I saw a bunch of people waving like they knew us. It's to bad I'm not sure who you are, or I don't remember. Sorry.

Todd and Tracy, too bad I didn't get a chance to say Hi. always enjoy seeing Best Revenge though.

Mark
Old 09-02-2002, 10:16 PM
Registered

Rambunctious
Attached Thumbnails Grand Haven Races!-rambunctiousoso.jpg  

Quick Reply: Grand Haven Races!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.