Could you live with out power boating?

Notices

Old 01-15-2015, 10:12 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by sutphen 30
same Idea,,but I want to be run thru my motor at high rpm.
At that point it won't matter...but not a bad idea
Old 01-15-2015, 10:22 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Biff
First time I read your post I thought you said "release from wifes....whatever."
Okay, that too
Owning a smaller boat does make it much less of a chore to to go out for a quick spin and back on the trailer, ie fun.
Old 01-15-2015, 10:42 AM
SB
Registered

Received 3,116 Likes on 1,403 Posts

By weight, the average human adult male is approximately 65% water.

My soul is 100% water.

Everyone needs to find what gives them peace.

I have. Water.
Old 01-15-2015, 01:51 PM
CLA
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Grew up boating with my parents and all their friends every weekend. Dad still has a 42 with merc 700's turned up with whipple kits and I just bought my 5th cat. My wife and I love it! It's in the blood!

Hobbie is not for everyone especially the upkeep. But that's my favorite part. Let the boat less stay on the doc!
Old 01-15-2015, 01:59 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 204 Likes on 132 Posts

I could not be happy without boatin, I broke mine in August and went on a buddys boat ONE time, just is not the same without my own, I was miseable most weekends, luckily the Cobra keeps me happy on the streets, but I REALLY missed my boat.
Old 01-15-2015, 03:48 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 23 Likes on 11 Posts

[ATTACH=CONFIG]535708[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails Could you live with out power boating?-hell-no.png  
Old 01-15-2015, 03:49 PM
Registered

Received 433 Likes on 193 Posts

Originally Posted by J-Bonz
I am waiting for Frickstyle's comment.... I was pretty much out of boating will working on mine for 4 yrs... It sucked not being on the water but I was happy to look at one! Short awnser, no, I could not live without boating... However this place does greatly help fill the void when needed!
Jr.
CAN I? OF course!!!

Do i WANT TO? Not really, however, I have alot of other hobbies and distractions that I could expense time and efforts into. Would they be as satisfying, maybe / maybe not.

This is a very expensive hobby / interest for 90% of us on the board. If I weren't doing this, it would be racecars, a second home, or airplanes, more travel, etc. I really love powerboating and being on the water at this point in my life. We also go fishing in different countries and locations, and diving, all fun stuff.

I would also say it has to do with where you live. The Great Lakes provide a lot of fun boating opportunities, Florida even more so. If I defected and lived in the BVI, I am sure a different style of boat would be more appealing.

Would like to move to a sportfisher someday, and try my hand at sailing for the challenge, but right now, at this point, pour on the high performance boating!
Old 01-15-2015, 08:46 PM
Registered

Location: Northern, KY (Cincinnati) Lake St Clair, MI Norris Lake, TN
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by thirdchildhood
Don't do it! Maybe compromise and get a deck boat. Toons are for folks who live on the water and as a second or third boat. Personally I can't stand them.
Spend some time on a nice "performance toon" takes all the hassle out of working on a boat and enjoy all the benefits of boating.
Old 01-15-2015, 09:33 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Not at all. I grew up boating and still boat to this day. I know it can be a pricey hobby but I enjoy it. It gets me away from the stresses of life. I feel very relaxed when going out boating. I do enjoy solo boating quite a bit. Docking my boat by myself isn't at all a problem.
When I'm not out there boating. I enjoy watching boats go by. I also like to explain to people the details of a boat.
Old 01-15-2015, 09:42 PM
Registered

Received 28 Likes on 18 Posts

Give up what??? They'll turn blue and I'll die!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.