Notices

So the lawers win again.

Old 01-20-2015, 10:14 PM
OSO Content Provider
Commercial Member

Received 49 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by Fast Shafts
....and I bet both sides signed a "non disclosure" agreement-sealing what could be relavant information from preventing this tragedy again.
A full week's worth of testimony is not sealed. If you can learn from it, here it is: http://cvn.com/proceedings/priscilla...ial-2015-01-12

Digital Photography & Video one BYTE at a time !
Old 01-20-2015, 10:28 PM
bck
Charter Member#568
Charter Member

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

^^^ I can't find a way to view without paying.
Old 01-21-2015, 07:10 AM
Registered

Received 13 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by bck
Same here.
Old 01-21-2015, 11:20 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by PARADOX
Typ. attorney, lawsuit BS. How come Ford wasn't in the law suit not providing "adequate" measures to hold a "potentially" dangerous beverage? Chew on this for a while.

Oh.. BTW.. PS.. Let me get this straight, An old lady gets a verdict, (reduced later) for 2.7 Mill, for getting her seldom used, (I would think) private part burned. Grattons gets less then 2 mill for loss of life, (no matter how, or why it happened) The legal system SUX. That's all folks. iddbibidudilut dot. It's ALL about mathematics and the legal dudes bragging rights. NOTHING to do with right and wrong. (see my previous disclaimer RE; attorneys) <JIC>
The lawyer publicly stated "we made a demand and it was met" The settlement was dictated by the plaintiffs

Last edited by stimleck; 01-21-2015 at 08:46 PM.
Old 01-21-2015, 11:30 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by bck
Obama's FREE EDUCATION PLAN has not been put into effect yet ! LOL

FYI, Some of the testimony has already hit YouTube
Old 01-21-2015, 11:30 AM
Registered

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by stimleck
Tee lawyer publicly stated "we made a demand and it was met" The settlement was dictated by the plaintiffs
I understand. The "demand" was for less then the actual claim. Whatever it was it was less. The settlement was written all over this from the get go. That's all. (misc. I'm not an attorney, but I been in the "arena" as a witness and as an expert witness in legal matters enough to see the writing on the wall) I just hope this helps future safety and not hurt the racing venues.
Old 01-21-2015, 07:50 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I had oral surgery yesterday, so I am on pain meds. If I weren't, I would lay into you for knowing ABSOLUTELY nothing about how the legal system works, because there were obviously plenty of offers that went back and forth since the incident, and the DEFENDANTS dictated the settlement, because they CHOSE to accept the offer rather than try the case in front of a jury they helped to pick.

Looks like you have been around OSO for a while. Stick around, and you may learn something yet.
Old 01-21-2015, 08:47 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by PARADOX
I understand. The "demand" was for less then the actual claim. Whatever it was it was less. The settlement was written all over this from the get go. That's all. (misc. I'm not an attorney, but I been in the "arena" as a witness and as an expert witness in legal matters enough to see the writing on the wall) I just hope this helps future safety and not hurt the racing venues.
Paradox I was referring to your comparison to the coffee case settlement, if this had gone to a jury it would likely have been much higher.
X rated 30 if your comment was meant for me I was referring to the fact that the plaintiffs lawyer asked for a settlement amount and got it, of course the defence needed to agree. I don't need to be a message board member for a decade to have an opinion or a brain. Regarding your threat to "lay in to me" get a life.

Last edited by stimleck; 01-21-2015 at 08:59 PM.
Old 01-21-2015, 09:35 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well, you may and may not have a brain (as a figure of speech) - that remains to be seen. However, your OPINION that the settlement was dictated by the plaintiffs demonstrates that you don't understand how law - and negotiations in general - work. Settlements are negotiated by both parties. Normally, the only exception to this is when one side has no factual or legal defenses upon which to rely. At that point, the party that the facts and law favor can dictate a settlement. As for "laying into you" I meant that I would have gone on to give a much longer explanation as to why the statement was ridiculous. As for you telling me to get a life, perhaps you are correct and correcting stupid things said on the internet isn't worth my time.
Old 01-21-2015, 11:15 PM
OSO Content Provider
Commercial Member

Received 49 Likes on 23 Posts

For what it's worth , from the Speedonthewater.com story, " According to Allweiss, the defense "made it known" that they were interested in settling the case after last Friday's trial session in the 17th Judicial Circuit Court in Fort Lauderdale, Fla. concluded. Allweiss said that he and his co-counsel "made a demand, and they met the demand."

Seems to me it was the defense that dictated the settlement. At least that is what I got out of the story anyway ..... No negotiation, they simply met the demand....

Digital Photography & Video one BYTE at a time !

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.