Replace Cockpit Lightbulbs to LED

Notices

Replace Cockpit Lightbulbs to LED

Old 01-20-2015, 06:10 PM
mgh
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Replace Cockpit Lightbulbs to LED

Will these bulbs work in a Marine Application 12v? Anyone have luck with this, and or other suggestions? Post pictures if available too..Thanks.

https://www.superbrightleds.com/more.../Photos&Videos
Old 01-20-2015, 07:36 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Not sure why they wouldnt.

I bought a bunch of bulbs from them for my Silverado...dome lights, map lights, tag lights, and the lights that are in the third brake light you can turn on to light up the bed. Got them a good year or two ago and they've been great.

Also if you get some stuff from there, I recommend getting one of these flashlights. I bought 3 a while back when they were cheaper, like $5 a piece which was steal, but they are awesome. Small size, bright as chit, variable focus and has 3 modes...bright, not as bright, and strobe. Its nice that it uses 1 AA battery which is something easily available.

https://www.superbrightleds.com/more...ens/1415/3273/

Last edited by TooLateVTEC; 01-20-2015 at 07:43 PM.
Old 01-20-2015, 07:52 PM
mgh
Registered

There are so many options, 5LM to 100LM..Will definitely pick up a flashlight!

Originally Posted by TooLateVTEC
Not sure why they wouldnt.

I bought a bunch of bulbs from them for my Silverado...dome lights, map lights, tag lights, and the lights that are in the third brake light you can turn on to light up the bed. Got them a good year or two ago and they've been great.

Also if you get some stuff from there, I recommend getting one of these flashlights. I bought 3 a while back when they were cheaper, like $5 a piece which was steal, but they are awesome. Small size, bright as chit, variable focus and has 3 modes...bright, not as bright, and strobe. Its nice that it uses 1 AA battery which is something easily available.

https://www.superbrightleds.com/more...ens/1415/3273/
Old 01-20-2015, 08:08 PM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

If you're using them in instrumentation, be wary of more brightness. A dash that looks like a disco might look cool at the dock, but it will hinder your vision of teeny tiny red and green lights on the horizon.
Also, really bright blue lights will make some skanks' teeth look yellowish. It's a huge pecker wrecker.

This is my old boat with LED strip tucked along the gunnels. The multi LED dash bulbs lasted one weekend, then I went back to incandescent bulbs. My new boat has el-cheapo single LED 194s in all guages and they are ok, the hue isn't as blue as I'd like, but they aren't overly bright so they stay.

Last edited by Speedracer29; 01-20-2015 at 08:30 PM.
Old 01-20-2015, 08:23 PM
Registered

I have used them in previous boats and loved them. All LED lights I have wired up will not work if you have the positive and negative wires reversed where as a standard bulb will. I found that some boat light fixtures are wired backwards and you may have to reverse some wires when you switch to LED bulbs.
Old 01-20-2015, 08:24 PM
mgh
Registered

What LM Rating did you use? I assume different for cockpit/cabin vs gauges
Old 01-20-2015, 08:42 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by mgh
There are so many options, 5LM to 100LM..Will definitely pick up a flashlight!
They definitely have lots of options but they are also very knowledgable about what they sell. I would give them a call and tell them what application you want them for and they'll point you in the right direction. I had to call them when I swapped mine out for purple and needed the brightest ones they made in order to be even seen.
Old 01-20-2015, 10:41 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 84 Likes on 31 Posts

I have all Superbright red LED fuse style lights in my stock cockpit light sockets and they work great.
Old 01-21-2015, 05:36 AM
mgh
Registered

Originally Posted by Tom A.
I have all Superbright red LED fuse style lights in my stock cockpit light sockets and they work great.
Tom A, which ones did you get
Old 01-21-2015, 06:02 AM
Registered

I didn't just replace bulbs, but I used "Super Bright Led's" to replace the fixtures in my cabin. They were great to deal with. Re-wiring was as easy as it gets and here is a thread I started when I did the LED upgrade..... they really do update the look.......

http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/g...-lighting.html

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.