Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
I don't know who's this is but it's bad azz... >

I don't know who's this is but it's bad azz...

Notices

I don't know who's this is but it's bad azz...

Old 01-22-2015, 06:02 AM
Registered

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

I wish they took the time to be more descriptive in the ad.

Hope they didn't charge by the word!
Old 01-22-2015, 09:10 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by altamate
I think it's a lot of boat for the money too and very cool in a lot of ways but... the things a true money pit.

I'm sure you and everyone else here knows more than I do about this, but I'm thinking you'd spend an average of $10,000/yr. or more to maintain it even if it does not move an inch. If you do drive it the price doubles or triples and fuel is on top.
Bingo! Although I would guess the maintenance at more like 50k per year if you don't run it a lot. Ask guys that own big boats and they will tell you it's very expensive to keep/maintain one of these things.
It would be cool as hell on LOTO though! Haha
Old 01-22-2015, 09:56 AM
Registered

Received 25 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by SummerObsession
Bingo! Although I would guess the maintenance at more like 50k per year if you don't run it a lot. Ask guys that own big boats and they will tell you it's very expensive to keep/maintain one of these things.
It would be cool as hell on LOTO though! Haha
I can tell you what is costs to run/maintain a 60ft cruiser. A lot, 50k, probably not. Since I live in the north some things will be different, but to start with, this is what I spend maintaining my bosses boat yearly. 5k for summer dock, 10k for indoor winter storage. Depending on use 5-10k in diesel. 2k for general maintenance, provided nothing has to be done other than oil change once a season. 2-4k for a spring polish.

For that list, it is approx 24-31 thousand. Now that is just the bare essentials, and basic work. New bottom paint is a few thousand. Spring supplies at west marine is good for another thousand. If something happens and you need repairs the bills go up from there. I remember I sucked up a plastic bag in the bow thruster and the shear pins did not snap on the blades. new gear housing was 2k, plus 200-600 per hour for a commercial diver. New house battery bank is 4k.

Purchase price is the cheap part of owning something this size.
Old 01-22-2015, 10:10 AM
Registered

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Perlmudder
I can tell you what is costs to run/maintain a 60ft cruiser. A lot, 50k, probably not. Since I live in the north some things will be different, but to start with, this is what I spend maintaining my bosses boat yearly. 5k for summer dock, 10k for indoor winter storage. Depending on use 5-10k in diesel. 2k for general maintenance, provided nothing has to be done other than oil change once a season. 2-4k for a spring polish.

For that list, it is approx 24-31 thousand. Now that is just the bare essentials, and basic work. New bottom paint is a few thousand. Spring supplies at west marine is good for another thousand. If something happens and you need repairs the bills go up from there. I remember I sucked up a plastic bag in the bow thruster and the shear pins did not snap on the blades. new gear housing was 2k, plus 200-600 per hour for a commercial diver. New house battery bank is 4k.

Purchase price is the cheap part of owning something this size.
Probably the best and most realistic breakdown I have ever read. Thank you!
This boat has been for sale for a looooong time.
Old 01-22-2015, 01:35 PM
Registered

Received 3,018 Likes on 987 Posts

This thing would absolutely cost to upkeep.

I equate it to the same old thing just on a grandure scale:

Those with the money to afford this thing and the upkeep would probably just buy a newer boat with less upkeep.
Those that can't afford a newer boat are drawn to the lower price but can't afford the upkeep.

It's a cruel irony.

But you get a taste of what this thing costs to upkeep, just read the ad. He lists the costs clearly in it! Lol
Old 01-22-2015, 05:20 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have rebuilt a lot of the cat 3412 engines, they are really good engines.
Old 01-22-2015, 06:43 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by thisistank
This thing would absolutely cost to upkeep.

I equate it to the same old thing just on a grandure scale:

Those with the money to afford this thing and the upkeep would probably just buy a newer boat with less upkeep.
Those that can't afford a newer boat are drawn to the lower price but can't afford the upkeep.

It's a cruel irony.

But you get a taste of what this thing costs to upkeep, just read the ad. He lists the costs clearly in it! Lol

Hey Tank ,

9' Longer than Clancy's Sea Ray.........I'm in
Old 01-22-2015, 06:51 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Best of both worlds. I have everything but the income!
Old 01-22-2015, 06:52 PM
SB
Registered

Received 3,115 Likes on 1,402 Posts

Seemingly great deal !

Wow !
Old 01-22-2015, 06:53 PM
SB
Registered

Received 3,115 Likes on 1,402 Posts

I just started to wonder if OSO's 2-3 professional boat part r outers are taking notice of this boat ?

Ooops.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.