Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Whatever happened to offshore go-fast boats? >

Whatever happened to offshore go-fast boats?

Notices

Whatever happened to offshore go-fast boats?

Old 01-24-2015, 07:57 AM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

[QUOTE=Matt Trulio;4255081]While I realize the legal happenings of last week have stirred emotions, your statement above is absurd. .
WHAT !!! I,m SO OFFENDED ! (just kiddin )Glad to see youre on the ball .
Old 01-24-2015, 08:06 AM
Registered

Received 606 Likes on 275 Posts

I think sleeping on the boat is awesome and I don't even have a real cabin. I have to use the facilities at the dock. But the sounds of the water, the gulls, the fog horns and the rocking motion, all of that. I love it. I can't see a CC or 'toon or wakeboat in my future. The traditional Vee bottom, closed bow go-fast will be back!
Old 01-24-2015, 08:12 AM
Registered

Received 256 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by thirdchildhood
I think sleeping on the boat is awesome and I don't even have a real cabin. I have to use the facilities at the dock. But the sounds of the water, the gulls, the fog horns and the rocking motion, all of that. I love it. I can't see a CC or 'toon or wakeboat in my future. The traditional Vee bottom, closed bow go-fast will be back!
All sorts of different people.

I am one that has zero desire to sleep on my boat. I have a big and nice cabin and rather dock up and get a room somewhere. Different strokes for different folks buddy.
Old 01-24-2015, 08:16 AM
Registered

Received 559 Likes on 335 Posts

Got a cabin and a real enclosed head. I plan on camping a bunch!
Hull is derived from one of the original cigarettes. Gets almost 2mpg.

Old 01-24-2015, 08:25 AM
Registered

I really like that boat Hogie.....really nice buy
Old 01-24-2015, 08:34 AM
Registered

Received 1,310 Likes on 731 Posts

On the sleeping thing I think it really matters where you boat, in the mid west everyone spent the weekends on the boat either at the dock or on the hook.

We never went out for just a day.

Down here, doubt I will ever stay on the boat.
Old 01-24-2015, 08:36 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If your boating primarily in salt water outboards are the sensible move, especially now with all the great performance CCs on the market, from one who knows first hand it's more expensive and more work to boat with a traditional go-fast, do you remember CDs, come and gone, now go-fasts will never disappear, but they've got some cool competition in the salt water market.

I also can tell you with all the fresh water lakes like LOTO, go-fast boats are alive and well, LOTO is thriving, the best thing to do is set a goal for a traditional go-fast at LOTO and a CC in SWF, I'll let you know how it works out, that's my take on the situation.
Old 01-24-2015, 08:44 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by 314joey
If your boating primarily in salt water outboards are the sensible move, especially now with all the great performance CCs on the market, from one who knows first hand it's more expensive and more work to boat with a traditional go-fast, do you remember CDs, come and gone, now go-fasts will never disappear, but they've got some cool competition in the salt water market.

I also can tell you with all the fresh water lakes like LOTO, go-fast boats are alive and well, LOTO is thriving, the best thing to do is set a goal for a traditional go-fast at LOTO and a CC in SWF, I'll let you know how it works out, that's my take on the situation.

That last part would be the best of everything for sure and you are 100% right. A lot of the Die hard guys that complain about the O/B CC's are lake/river people who don't deal with the Salt year in and year out.

If I lived in LOTO I would prob keep my boat or something like it in those parts.

Also Wildman hit a good point with the differences in areas when it comes to staying abord.
Old 01-24-2015, 09:42 AM
Registered

Received 23 Likes on 10 Posts

I have to admit I really enjoyed my 30' Scarab Sport back when I was in my 20's and single . I enjoyed having the boat packed every summer weekend in Ft Lauderdale. Now that I'm old (50) , married , young family, and in the Watersports business , I value the time with my family more than anything . It just depends where you are in your life , I guess ?

BTW I installed the motors & drives on almost every Sonic from 86' thru 91' . One of the most solid boats you'll ever own ! Your boat is beautiful , I bet It would be harder to let go of if it ran in the 80's ,but that takes some MAJOR HP. Good luck with the sale !!
Old 01-24-2015, 10:38 AM
Registered

Received 559 Likes on 335 Posts

Originally Posted by Nate5.0
I really like that boat Hogie.....really nice buy
When you sell yours you should be able to get into a really nice boat for the same money.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.