Notices

Epic hotel Miami

Old 01-27-2015, 10:31 PM
Bling Bling
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Epic hotel Miami

Whats the word on the hotel and dock?

Any other advice on nice hotels in south Miami or Biscayne bay with a boat dock would be great.

Thanks in advance.
Old 01-27-2015, 10:40 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Hotel is very nice, they have a Zuma restaurant there which is amazing. The dock is full of mega yachts for the most part but you can call and speak with the dock master to see if they have any space. It is kind of ****ty place to keep a smaller boat as there is a ton of traffic in and out of the miami river and most of it doesn't give a crap about not making a wake.

You could stay in Coconut grove and walk to a slip at Grove Harbour or the city marina if they have any space. There is the Standard hotel in Miami Beach but that is also a bad place to leave the boat.

If I were you I would find the marina first and then find a hotel nearby.
Old 01-28-2015, 02:19 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by pstorti
Hotel is very nice, they have a Zuma restaurant there which is amazing. The dock is full of mega yachts for the most part but you can call and speak with the dock master to see if they have any space. It is kind of ****ty place to keep a smaller boat as there is a ton of traffic in and out of the miami river and most of it doesn't give a crap about not making a wake.

You could stay in Coconut grove and walk to a slip at Grove Harbour or the city marina if they have any space. There is the Standard hotel in Miami Beach but that is also a bad place to leave the boat.

If I were you I would find the marina first and then find a hotel nearby.
EXACTLY what he said. Epic is on the main entrance to the river with a chit load of wind and nasty current. The boat won't make it through two nights. You best bet is to stay in the grove as there's several nice hotels there and leave the boat at Grove Harbor or stay at the Epic and still leave it at Grove Harbor as it's less than a 10 min drive/cab ride.
Old 01-29-2015, 06:47 PM
Registered
VIP Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Can you use the dock behind the Mondrian hotel in south beach, way better location then the grove, If not just leave the boat at south beach marina, Im sure youll be drinking at Monty's anyway
Old 01-29-2015, 09:10 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I would be surprised if Miami Beach Marina has any openings, last I heard the docks at the Mondrian are not available, (most because the state is a bunch of dicks when it comes to dock permits), also that is a rough place to leave a boat lots of traffic there at full speed.