Notices

Gary Stray Cat for GEICO

Old 01-29-2015, 10:16 AM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Gary Stray Cat for GEICO

Is Gary still building a new race cat for Team GEICO? I saw a mock up and the boat looked interesting.
Old 01-29-2015, 10:38 AM
Registered

Received 690 Likes on 276 Posts

Supposedly he has for a couple years now. But its double ultra top secret. Aside from the "we are working on project X that will be totally insane" blurb that is "leaked" to SOTW every 3months plus 22 days, If you find out any real information they will have to kill you.

I STRONGLY suggest you edit out having seen a plug, or Scotty will hold you down while Marc nuggies you to death.
Old 01-29-2015, 11:33 AM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

LOL ..nuggies

Right now we are focused on enhancing the current Victory boat and most importantly it's engine package, reliability is paramount to finishing and winning races. The Victory hull is 17 years old now and is still a formidable opponent. Ask anyone who has raced against her. When at full strength we believe she is untouchable despite her heavier weight disadvantage. Stray is constantly refining her handling and performance characteristics with ideas from the Stray Cat)

Finishing the Stray cat is on the To Do list but our priorities are to ensure the sponsors and fans have a winning boat first.
Old 01-29-2015, 02:41 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Was wondering same. The CMS twins at KW in Nov were formidable. I've always been, and remain a MGRT fan, but I have to say, the CMS boats have me nervous.
Old 01-29-2015, 10:40 PM
Registered

Received 16 Likes on 5 Posts

Gary had had a boat designed for years.. And it has been in various stages of completion for just as long. I saw pics of it a while back. Looks wild! If it will ever see the water is another story entirely.

Tom