Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   What companies should be racing F2?...Owners please chine in. (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/32288-what-companies-should-racing-f2-owners-please-chine.html)

www.gone 09-04-2002 11:00 AM

Audacity, Just curious what made you buy what you bought. :confused:

32fever 09-04-2002 11:29 AM

Correct me if I'm wrong..(oh boy, here we go) LOL!

BUT, as far as I recollect, there are only 2 manufacturers on this board that would race F-2, Pat at AT and Dave at Sunsation. I don't think either has huge experience in it, maybe not enough to tell the highs and lows. Otherwise, "form" a "manufacture's" point of view, nobody else can help you. We don't make boats.

From my idiot chair, I can see that Cig and Fountain and Formula race and everyone knows who they are. aka "successful" Marketing, but not necessarily feasibile marketing.

Did I miss any manufacturers that are present on the board? Sorry if I did, my brain is working slow this week.....yeah yeah, just this week, that's it.

Mark

CigDaze 09-04-2002 11:34 AM

Jo from Pantera....

Audacity, it fit my needs...It's that simple.

audacity 09-04-2002 11:42 AM

damn....:D ...it was not due to racing that's for sure. LOL

i do understand how it fits the need(s)

AT nor sunsation are currently racing in the APBA Pro Series...

hummmm who's that company that's kicking EVERYONE'S ass (including mine).....DONZI 38XR

Sydwayz 09-04-2002 11:44 AM

AT needs to be out there in full force. At least 2-3 more boats. They would simply rock.

I also think the public would be quite surprised by the new infused hulls that Sonic is putting out, and how well they will perform with twin 500/525 EFIs.

www.gone 09-04-2002 11:47 AM

Audacity, in your Opinion, how would your 32 AT fair in the F2 wars????

audacity 09-04-2002 11:48 AM

like someone said it can make or break a company....and really, truth be known, know one knows how they will perform untill they race. big top end #'s don't mean squat in racing!...sonic is currently racing the pro series...

Shane 09-04-2002 11:53 AM

With all due respect, I don't think racing sells boats. It certainly cannot hurt, but the vast majority of the buying public are looking for more than just straight out speed and racing capabilities. Many things go into ones determining the boat they will purchase. Also, so much of a boats success or failure on the race course is up to the drivers and throttleman and the set up they chose for that particular day. Racing is great, I truly have enjoyed the years that I did it and with great success. I just think that the general public can more likely relate to MANY of the boats at a poker run, much more easliy than they can to a full blown racing machine (albeit many poker run boats can be or were race boats). In terms of marketing I think Chris Reindl has made the most of opportunity by having his boats in both races and poker runs.

audacity 09-04-2002 11:59 AM

I think the potential exists for any company who wants to put the time and huge effort into it. but if your not going to give it your all, then just stay home. hummm, do you think racing helped formula sell??? how about cig. with team virgin last year??? how about DONZI,,,maybe they all just wanted to give a lot of time and money to some good guys that like to go fast???? poker run'n does have a lot of merit.

BODYSHOT1 09-04-2002 12:01 PM

AT does have an F2 in SBI, Team Outlaw..it runs well, but can't hang (understandably) with the canopied Cig's and Fountains...

Outerlimits had DJD/Wildchild in SBI F2 as well...

Suprised no one went to a canopied 34 Phantom like Ron P's ex, to run F2 in SBI...that'd be a rocket!

just my rambling thoughts on the subject...

carry-on

Also..looking forward to the new 38 Sutphen I've been reading about on the forum below..