Notices

Boat Molds

Old 02-09-2015, 03:37 PM
BUP
Banned

Received 41 Likes on 35 Posts

Yes that was St Martin Powerboats that had the 27 Excal - they had 2 unrigged boats and molds to sell as a package deal. Do not know what happened with that. I thought they were located in Florida selling mini outboard sport boats. Something like 12 / 14 ft size boats

Powerplay 38 mold went to Sunsation as to bring forth their F4 boat after that was completed it was chopped up. I think thats how that story went or at least I heard about 3 years ago. I think Powerplay who currently makes the CC boats and will be on display at the Miami Boatshow has the 33 V-hull Powerplay molds. I heard they are not for sale either. That's the story I heard to.

Brian I got the AT CC 31 mixed up with the 32 cat, I knew there was 31 boat somewhere in AT line up. Did not know about the 32 V-hull non step was the platform for the 28 / 29.

Last edited by BUP; 02-09-2015 at 03:40 PM.
Old 02-10-2015, 08:56 AM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by BUP
Yes that was St Martin Powerboats that had the 27 Excal - they had 2 unrigged boats and molds to sell as a package deal. Do not know what happened with that. I thought they were located in Florida selling mini outboard sport boats. Something like 12 / 14 ft size boats

Powerplay 38 mold went to Sunsation as to bring forth their F4 boat after that was completed it was chopped up. I think thats how that story went or at least I heard about 3 years ago. I think Powerplay who currently makes the CC boats and will be on display at the Miami Boatshow has the 33 V-hull Powerplay molds. I heard they are not for sale either. That's the story I heard to.

Brian I got the AT CC 31 mixed up with the 32 cat, I knew there was 31 boat somewhere in AT line up. Did not know about the 32 V-hull non step was the platform for the 28 / 29.
OK that makes sense, I wondered where the F4 came from.

Wannabe
Old 02-10-2015, 08:58 AM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,195 Likes on 519 Posts

Originally Posted by wannabe
OK that makes sense, I wondered where the F4 came from.

Wannabe
Sunsation acquired a bare Powerplay HULL that became the plug for the F4 way back in the day.

Some solid info on this thread:
http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/g...ats-molds.html

...albeit my first post was off slightly:
32' Active Thunder = still with AT.
31' Active Thunder CC = was sold to Adrenaline.

Last edited by Sydwayz; 02-10-2015 at 09:01 AM.
Old 02-10-2015, 09:01 AM
Registered

Received 749 Likes on 402 Posts

Originally Posted by BUP

Sunsation did not receive the 38 PP mold from Danny. Danny made them a 38 hull and it was shipped unrigged to Algonac. Then Wayne broke out the sawsall. The sides were cut out of the hull and grafted onto the opposite sides, the hull was cut in half and extended, extra steps were added, a Dominator nose was grafted onto the front, built in swim platform added on, etc.
Old 02-10-2015, 09:03 AM
Registered

Received 38 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by glassdave
there was a set of molds for sale in Mentor OH that was an updated variant of the 27 Excalibur that looked very nice. I think it was St Martin Powerboats or something like that. They were for sale here and ebay i think, something like thirty thou that included two complete hulls on trailers and the molds or something to that affect. Really good looking boat and they ran well, i thought seriously about buying them but i am busy enough . . . . . .
Hard to believe no one jumped on that deal. Wish it had of been closer to me.. Think the 2 hulls were made at Checkmate. Not sure where the molds came from or went to.

Chris
Old 02-10-2015, 11:33 AM
BUP
Banned

Some info maybe not a great deal after all who knows. Just saying.

http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/st-mar...11-ohio-878097
Old 02-10-2015, 11:42 AM
BUP
Banned

Maybe this might lead to somewhere.

www.minispeedboat.com
Old 02-10-2015, 11:54 AM
BUP
Banned

I heard the 38 Power Play and only that mold (38) was a design from www.mpyd.net and you can look at MP other designs that is listed on the web page..

I will run into Sunsation on Thursday and ask about the F4, not doubting anyone here but will try to confirm.
Old 02-10-2015, 12:45 PM
Ing
Registered

Received 29 Likes on 14 Posts

Brian Hollis has his two Joker molds, the 26 (Corsa) and 28.
Old 02-10-2015, 12:59 PM
Registered

Received 749 Likes on 402 Posts

Originally Posted by BUP
I heard the 38 Power Play and only that mold (38) was a design from www.mpyd.net and you can look at MP other designs that is listed on the web page..

I will run into Sunsation on Thursday and ask about the F4, not doubting anyone here but will try to confirm.
I was on the shop floor when the buck was being crafted on several different occasions. So, no need to doubt. It's too bad Sunsation shut down their forum as the construction of the boat from the time the hull arrived to when the molds were finally completed was well documented by both Sunsation and the investor in the boat (Mentalpause here on OSO). What ended up being the F-4 was originally supposed to be a 37'ish boat. More along the lines of what the 36 is today. Then that grew to around 39'. Then the PP hull was brought in. Mental got a call one day from either Joe or Dave and was informed Wayne cut the boat in half. So it then grew to 43' (counting platform). This is why the first F-4 was the only 600/Bravo boat built. The original size/deal called for it to be a 525 boat. 700's/NXT's had not yet come to market. 850's/6's would have been a huge jump in price on the original deal. So 600's it was to help fill in that huge engine compartment. I think the boat still would have ran OK with 525's but the 600's looked more "the part".

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.