Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
CMI and Miss GEICO Crew Chief Partner On New Headers For Mercury Racing QC4v Engines >

CMI and Miss GEICO Crew Chief Partner On New Headers For Mercury Racing QC4v Engines

Notices

CMI and Miss GEICO Crew Chief Partner On New Headers For Mercury Racing QC4v Engines

Old 02-09-2015, 10:43 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Cbell knows his stuff from countless hours of real world experience so I am certain he is correct. I am also sure that team Geico knows what they are doing with respect to their design goals for this piece.
In the end, power gain or no, they look cool as hell, so there ya go!
Old 02-09-2015, 10:55 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm sorry! Trying to make things better! I'm in.
Old 02-09-2015, 10:58 PM
Registered

Received 87 Likes on 49 Posts

if you want to fix a problem or improve on something you have to start somewhere.geico did that and im sure at the end of the day they will fix the flaw.i wonder if mercury is at all involved in this,my guess is they are at least watching closely,espically if it will slow down warranty claims.
Old 02-09-2015, 10:58 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by HabanaJoe
I don't see a BIG advantage as the pictures appear like you are still running a log, it's just a log made of tubing instead of a casting, time will tell?
Right! Can we give this a chance???
Old 02-09-2015, 11:10 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

If you are thinking this is a HP issue... Mercury has seen over 2500 with different tunes on this motor. Power is no problem.
Old 02-09-2015, 11:25 PM
Registered

I'm sorry! No one said there was a problem. Just trying to improve over warranty motors. Just saying. Artie
Old 02-09-2015, 11:49 PM
Registered

Received 21 Likes on 10 Posts

If I am reading this correctly this is to improve reliability. Can't win if you don't finish!
Old 02-10-2015, 06:40 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I have not been following the issues with the factory engines/manifolds, what's going on that is causing reliability issues with the factory piece?
Old 02-10-2015, 06:51 AM
Racer
Racer

Thanks for the input guys,and for clarification . This current version is designed to replace the OEM system and remain within size specifications of the original design. The Q4 is a great engine design and will carry big HP boats into the future we plan on being on the razors edge of that charge.

A full race version of the headers is in the works and will maximize efficiency of all components but first things first. Logic could lead you to a conclusion that we have experienced a higher rate of failure in this area when used in our racing environment. Root cause analysis has shown that we need to widen our envelope of reliability, simple as that. When you have to pay the freight on that failure you look ,develop and test options....thats what makes champions.

This product is not for everyone and we are in no way insinuating what the OEM product that is being replaced has any manufacturing quality issues that we have found. Our application (racing) requires pushing the engines to their limits for long periods. In our opinion the OEM system is perfectly adequate for the average consumer who is probably not running at full tilt with very high pressures on all components for longer periods.

Anyone can run fast, pump boost and make a high hp dyno pull......how long you can lay it down on a race course is an entirely different animal. Our game is offshore racing..we strive for an engine to make power and last the majority of a season making that power.

Last edited by MissGeicoRacing; 02-10-2015 at 06:53 AM.
Old 02-10-2015, 08:14 AM
Registered

Received 447 Likes on 245 Posts

has there been failures with the stock manifolds? heat fatigue and thermal stress? or pounding in the ocean? is the objective here to offer a direct replacement part when the stock one fails? nice job what ever the reason!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.