Cat flipped at Dale Hallow Sunday >

Cat flipped at Dale Hallow Sunday

Notices

Cat flipped at Dale Hallow Sunday

Old 09-04-2002, 09:08 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cat flipped at Dale Hallow Sunday

Sunday sometime after 4p.m. a 22 eliminator supposedly broke something in the steering or gimbel causing it to roll over at high speed.The driver and passenger were air lifted to a hospital.I was wandering if anyone heard how the occupants are doing.
Old 09-04-2002, 12:21 PM
Registered

I talked to someone who was with their group. Apparently the they lost a power steering belt causing the boat to get squirlly and tossed the occupants out...the boat didn't roll. The driver has some broken ribs and the passenger is O.K. NO JACKETS.....

Last edited by jdnca1; 09-04-2002 at 12:37 PM.
Old 09-04-2002, 01:41 PM
Registered

Thanks jdncal
I got the story 3rd hand that shows how actual events get blown out of proportion.Its still an unfortunate situation that could have been alot worse.I left at 4:00 after making a couple passes.There was 2 and 3 boats going each direction,which a little to close for me.
Old 09-04-2002, 04:02 PM
Registered

I have a cat with full hyd. steering. I have not tried it but I known when motor is not running I can still turn wheel & outdrive turns. Must be more to the story than power steering belt broke.

Hope everyone comes thru OK.
Old 09-04-2002, 04:14 PM
250 sport

We say it happen and it looked pretty bad but no flip over. Just glad to see everyone was okay after that. Alfster you have the 27 fountain with the red stripe? If so it happened about 45 min. after you left. They were not aif lifted from Eagle Creek which is where the accident happened, but could have met the chopper later.

Old 09-04-2002, 08:35 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 133 Likes on 82 Posts

Full hydraulic or Mercruiser steering ???
Old 09-04-2002, 09:13 PM
bajamag

a friend of mine was there and saw what happened. he said the boat looked to be going about 100mph and had to back out of the gas for a big boat wake, when he went over the wake he got back in the gas and may have put the bow in another wake and the boat bow hooked, he said it was a very scary site to see people ejected at that speed. {no life jackets on } hope every one is ok.

Old 09-05-2002, 07:11 AM
Registered

Yes 250 sport thats my 27,I hope the people are ok.I heard they was lifted from the dock.Its a fun little get together,hopfully the law wont crack down because of this incident.
Old 09-05-2002, 03:56 PM
250 sport

Hey Alfster your 27 was hooked up pretty well sunday! Baja mag we saw the samething as you friend. It was some form of hydraulic steering from what we could see after the boat was beached on the side of the lake. Hopefully the report of broken ribs were the extent of the injuries. Always hate to see things like this happen.

Old 09-05-2002, 04:12 PM
Registered

no jackets at 100mph? WOW!

Quick Reply: Cat flipped at Dale Hallow Sunday

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.