Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Info on the OL with the fish gas mask thing at Miami? >

Info on the OL with the fish gas mask thing at Miami?

Notices

Info on the OL with the fish gas mask thing at Miami?

Old 02-11-2015, 09:18 PM
Registered

Received 256 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by thisistank
Let me ask you this Nate: if keeping things under wraps was soooooo important why aren't the boats draped/covered until the opening day reveal? Cigarette has done it. There's 100's if not 1000's of people around that show before opening day. If a manufacturer is that nervous about a pic of their boat getting out, then it's pretty east to combat.

I think deep down manufacturers actually like sneak pics because guess what? It means people are talking about their product and building up anticipation for the detailed pics and conversation to follow.

Like I said to Tom on the other thread: it is what it is. You have a new model or new product you want understand until a debut press release (mercury, cigarette, etc) I totally get the desire for desecration. Dragging boats to a show? Well, that's what they're there for. To be seen.

I mean no offense Nate. I respect your opinion, just don't agree with it.
I am speaking for the client, not the manufacture.

If I had a boat to make it's first showing out there. I would hope people could keep it under wraps till opening day. Not much to ask for with all the time and work that went into it.

Out side of what the owner of the boat post. I think any other pics should wait till public opening day. Just my thoughts.
Old 02-12-2015, 07:12 AM
Registered

Received 440 Likes on 239 Posts

the gas mask fish is very popular in drag racing its called NITROFISH they sell a ton of shirts and hats i bought the crew shirt it still the coolest crew shirt out there!
Old 02-12-2015, 07:34 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Tomorrow is here, post up b!tches!
Old 02-12-2015, 07:55 AM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

No sneak peak pics of pure platinum. why, because it is covered with a full boat black cover. Cant see a thing. Lets face it people are excited. they take pics of the boats going down the road, or in the parking lot. Just like when we do cars for SEMA or the auto show, it leaves the shop covered if you want to do a grand unvailing.
Old 02-12-2015, 07:44 PM
Registered

Received 792 Likes on 447 Posts

Merc couldn't buy the publicity/interest that few leaked Pics from Europe of the new 400 has created - the net has been abuzz for weeks...but they definitely could have planned it that way! So much more hype behind the 400O/B than the unveiling of the 1550/1350

Personally I am looking forward to Bill's new Pure Platinum debut tomorrow.....